As a Senior Solutions Engineer at CircleCI, you will be the customer’s trusted technical advisor throughout the sales process. You’ll provide hands-on support for cloud-based and single tenant deployment and product guidance with CircleCI’s largest customers. You will serve as the technical lead and owner of technical deal strategy, collaborating with account executives to identify customer business goals, needs, and pains and showing how CircleCI can address them.
In addition to working on technical engagements, we're looking for someone that stays on top of industry news, including tech products, platform, our own features, and our partners, to maintain deep industry and ecosystem expertise. We appreciate someone that is solution oriented and that can identify areas of improvement in our sales efforts. This could be high level strategy, daily tactical efforts, or down in the weeds of documentation or how to videos.
We are a highly collaborative team with a strong understanding of the developer community. Our team connects with developers, DevOps leads, and architects to provide first class support. Does this sound like you? Check out the details below!
This job can be performed remotely and will include occasional travel.What you’ll do:
- Lead the technical implementation and day-to-day management of CircleCI Demonstrations and Trials, integrated into our customer’s technology stack - ensuring early customer success and a long-term business relationship
- Demonstrate and prove the technical feasibility of the CircleCI platform to highly technical and developer audiences
- Build and launch of new sales products and customer integrations to our internal teams and customer community
- Partner closely with our customer success teams to craft a continuously amazing customer experience - for life
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to help build product roadmaps based on market/customer requirements
- Provide technical responses to RFPs and RFIs
- 2 to 5 years of experience as a solutions engineer in the CI/CD space
- 1+ years experience as a software engineer in a professional team setting
- Strong experience working with Docker or Linux containers and orchestration tools
- Strong ops/infrastructure knowledge, especially networking and security
- Outstanding presentation skills. You feel comfortable leading presentations and demos of our platform to groups, both technical and non-technical, in-person and virtually
- Ability to work with customers directly to debug common errors without involving an engineer
- Ability to tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- You’ve built an app or two in a high-level programming language
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation
- Experience with popular web app frameworks and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems
- A strong belief that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We don't oversell at CircleCI
- Ability to mentor other team members in developing their technical and presentation skills
** Not all skills required. If you’re interested in growing with us, please reach out!About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $136,000 - $160,000/yr, plus applicable bonuses