Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety, increase efficiency, and optimize their workforce. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors.
The Senior Autonomous Vehicle Software Test Engineer will report to the Director of Systems Integration, Validation, and Test Engineering and be responsible for comprehensive verification and validation; test procedure creation and execution; strategy and tool development; and bug identification, logging, and resolution.
This position is mission-critical for delivering a safe, effective, first-of-its-kind industrial technology, and will build the foundation for the company’s overall system test procedures and organization. The successful candidate will test and validate autonomous vehicle systems that redefine large enterprise supply chains and boast safe, error-free, and effective operational performance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Generate, organize, manage, and conduct system verification tests and test procedures to validate compliance with specifications before releasing vehicles and software deliveries to customers
- Define and lead the development of software test harnesses
- Drive strategy of, and contribute to, the development of analysis tools using C++, Python, and other software packages
- Contribute to the company’s modeling, simulation, test automation, and evaluation capabilities
- Develop, execute, and document test plans and procedures against system requirements and report results to both internal and external customers
- Work cross-functionally to understand and prioritize test exceptions and help drive toward a product that meets all customer, business, and technical expectations
- Review bug reports, track bugs to a subsystem, identify corner cases, and work within the team to propose fixes
- Provide sub-system and system-level support for internal and external teams, as needed
- Commit to travel and perform field work, depending on initial customer locations (up to 25%)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or electrical/electronics engineering
- 5+ years in test engineering or as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- C/C++ and Python development experience
- Experience with ROS
- Comfort with Linux and command line
- Test, debug, and system engineering mindset
- Depth in some particular facet of testing, e.g. domain expertise constructing Hardware-in-the-Loop test benches, vehicle dynamics modeling and system identification, validated sensor performance in obstacle detection scenarios, etc.
- Desire to help mentor and develop more junior test engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people skills
- Sterling references
- Experience with robotics software engineering, autonomous vehicle systems, computer vision, machine learning, and/or planning and controls
- Master’s degree in computer science, robotics, electrical/electronics engineering, or computer engineering
- Experience with CAN bus standard and/or UDP
- Safety-critical system experience
Read Full Job Description