Senior Software Quality Engineer at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Software Quality Engineer to join the Platform Engineering Team, which is responsible for providing reliable and easy-to-use solutions for common functionality to be used by other Checkr engineering teams. In this role, you will be primarily focused on developing test plans and automating test cases for the services owned by Platform, expanding and improving our existing test suites, and occasionally helping with manual testing. If you are passionate about contributing to testing services and tools that will help us to provide high-quality products and services, we’d love to have you on the team!
- Act as the Quality Subject Matter Expert for the Platform Engineering Team, helping to foster a strong culture of testing and continuous improvement.
- Help define testing strategies and work with the team to implement testing for new features.
- Expand our existing automated test suites, executed as part of our continuous integration flow.
- Prioritize key tests and scenarios based on historic issues, in collaboration with Customer Success, product, and engineering.
- Work with engineers to investigate production issues, and perform root cause analysis.
- Define and implement metrics to communicate the quality of the products you are responsible for.
- Support other types of quality targets, such as performance, load, and stress testing.
What you bring:
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Software Quality Engineer, or related role.
- You know how the web works, can dive into HTTP and API design, and have solid experience building and testing web applications.
- You have experience working with microservice architecture, and are familiar with using mocked responses.
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $100,000 - $118,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.