Senior Software QA Engineer
Wowza is seeking a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer to perform testing on our range of Wowza Streaming products, including the following:
• Wowza Streaming Engine
• Wowza Streaming Cloud
• Wowza ClearCaster
• Wowza GoCoder
• Wowza Player
• Wowza Web Systems
The ideal candidate will have agile experience testing web services, web applications, mobile and desktop applications, and hardware. This position and will be located in our Golden office location.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
• Plan and perform black-box functional and regression testing for Wowza Streaming applications, services, and hardware
• Work closely with development and product teams to develop, review and maintain test plans and testcases
• Vocally ensure and evangelize that quality assurance best practices are consistently implemented during development and testing
• Contribute to the overall test automation efforts by leveraging product expertise
• Actively identify testing coverage gaps and strive to continuously improve the overall testing approach
• Provide leadership, ownership, and mentorship on assigned projects
• Must have at least 8 years experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer or Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
• Strong working knowledge of operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, and OSX
• Ability to develop and maintain RESTful API tests
• Comfortable with command-line utilities, such as wget and/or cURL
• Experience developing and maintaining automation frameworks
• Understanding of the Agile development lifecycle and iteration-based development
• Superior communication and problem solving skills along with a desire to continue to learn new technologies
• Ability to self-motivate and work indendently
• Proven experience working with remote teams
• Familiar with TestRail use and administration, a web-based test management application
• Background with Jenkins set-up and administration
• Fluency with version control sytems, such as git
• Experience with relational database management systems, such as MySQL
• Knowledge of Jira administration, an application lifecycle and defect tracking system
• Understanding of streaming media protocols and codecs
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, Azure, and Google Cloud
• Familiar with ffmpeg or other video manipulation software
• Experience testing applications on iOS and Android devices
• In-depth knowlege of one or more Linux distributions
• Background with Docker and/or Kubernetes
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 19,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and lead the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world.
What we love about working at Wowza:
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Yoga Classes and Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
This is a great opportunity to build an exciting and rewarding career with an innovative, successful emerging technology company that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.