Are you looking for an opportunity to build awesome tools for developers? Can you get excited about revolutionizing application security? Are you willing to tolerate ridiculous bird puns? If you answered “yes!” to at least two of those questions, you should keep reading about an exciting opportunity at StackHawk.The Role
StackHawk’s Engineering team is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team and help develop our core product. In this role, you will work directly with members of our Product Development team to build core product features and supporting service APIs. You’ll be a key member of a small growing team that is revolutionizing application security by reducing complexity, providing actionable recommendations, and empowering software engineers to take control of their application security. This position will directly contribute to StackHawk’s goal of identifying and remediating app vulnerabilities in the CI/CD pipeline. You’ll be instrumental in making technology decisions and building out our platform. If you enjoy the challenge of designing and creating new infrastructure and product features on a modern stack, this is the role for you.What You’ll Do
- Work collaboratively with engineers and stakeholders to make key technology decisions
- Design and build core product features and supporting services in a microservices architecture using technologies such as Kotlin, Java, gRPC, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes and Gradle
- Design and build RESTful APIs for both the UI and customer facing APIs
- Build integrations with 3rd-party services such as CI/CD platforms, messaging services and project management tools
- Build command-line tools for developers
- Impress your friends with your newfound knowledge of application security concepts, such as Remote OS Command Injection
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you'll do
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS software development and design.
- Expert in either Java, Kotlin or other JVM languages.
- Experience building containerized services in a modern cloud computing environment, such as Amazon AWS.
- Experience with microservices architectures, using Docker and container orchestration frameworks like ECS or Kubernetes.
- Proficient in REST API design principles and tooling such as Swagger and Postman.
- Experience with backend web application frameworks, such as Spring, Play, or Express.js.
- Experience with automated build and deployment tools such as Argo, Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI.
- Obsessive about automation and automated testing.
- Experience taking on leadership roles, either formal or informal, such as mentor or team lead.
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals. Knows that security is a supporting function of any business and the difference between binary security and scale security
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary and get an equity stake in the company that we are building together.
- Solid Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for employees and dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, AD&D, and 401K.
- Time to Recharge Encouraged: Take what you need vacation plus ten paid holidays! Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! Get a great at home equipment setup, a fun team to collaborate with, and other great perks.
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As a seed stage company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats arriving at work every day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
StackHawk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Salary range for this role is $100k to $160k, or commensurate with experience.