As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be joining the recently-acquired UnifyID team at Prove. This team is building next generation user authentication solutions that combine behavioral biometrics from smartphone sensor data, machine learning, and enterprise-grade cloud services. The result is an accurate, frictionless, and secure authentication service that defends against malicious attacks on mobile and web experiences.
You’ll be part of a highly effective engineering team with a collaborative get-stuff-done culture. We embrace our startup roots and are willing to wear whatever hat is necessary to make our team and products successful.
In this role you will work closely with our product, cloud backend, mobile, machine learning and customer-facing teams to define what it means to have an effective solution and build systems that automatically ensure our behavioral biometrics products are operating as efficiently and effectively as possible. You will be responsible for understanding how the whole system works and helping to drive improvements that span the mobile, cloud and machine learning teams.
This is a critical hands-on role with a high degree of influence. You will be given wide latitude to make technical decisions and influence product direction.
What You Are Accountable For
- Proposing requirements that help ensure the effective operation of Prove products
- Leading cross-functional efforts to analyze, automate, and optimize system performance
- Hands-on coding, systems analysis, code reviews, design, and delivery of projects
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code that meets coding standards
- Ensuring designs comply with requirements
- Delivering new features, execute on the roadmap and plan for the future
- Providing thought leadership on industry best practices around design, testing, security, and development practices
- Exercising creative thinking and imagination to find solutions to hard problems
- Mentoring other developers
What We Require
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Strong software development principles, including scalable software and architectural design patterns
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Familiarity with Python preferred
- Familiarity with machine learning and/or signal processing techniques a plus
- Familiarity with MLOps concepts and tools a plus
- Experience with mobile development and/or public cloud infrastructure a plus