Senior Software Engineer at DAT
DAT Solutions is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has a desire to solve complex problems at web-scale. We're looking for creative problems solvers that want to join a newly formed team in our Denver office. This team focuses on our Ratings applications which process hundreds of thousands of records to provide pricing insights for the North American trucking industry. As a Sr. Software Engineer at DAT, you would be responsible for maintaining, enhancing, and supporting some of our most critical systems. As well as these responsibilities, you'll be working with new technologies to forward our business initiatives and modernize some of our legacy components.
What You'll Do:
- Work with a small agile team of software developers and test engineers.
- Collaborate with architecture groups to guide and define the technical direction of new and existing applications and capabilities.
- Leverage AWS to deliver cloud-native solutions.
- Write unit, integration, and functional tests.
- Document software systems and project tasks.
- Participate in design & code reviews.
The Skills You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience developing and supporting complex applications at web-scale.
- Extensive experience in at least one object-oriented programming language; C++, Java, c#, etc.
- A knack for coming up with creative solutions to complex problems with minimal supervision.
- An ability to partner with business personal to decompose problems and articulate solutions to other software engineers.
- Experience building REST-ful APIs.
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Deep understanding of build pipelines, deployment tools, and best practices in DevOps.
- Experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting in distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based clustering and containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)Bonus
- Experience working in the AWS ecosystem.
- Experience lifting and shipping legacy applications from on-premise / colocated data centers to cloud platforms.
- Experience developing streaming, real-time, data processing pipelines.
DAT Software and Analytics is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $110 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. DAT is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Software and Analytics embraces the value of a diverse workforce and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Software and Analytics offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department.
DAT Software and Analytics will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services, and/or recruitment agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)