We are building software which enables businesses to be more economically and environmentally sustainable by digitally transforming the supply chain. As a Senior Software Engineer at VORTO you will define the frontier of logistics optimization, supply prediction, and demand prediction.
About the Role
Every member of the VORTO team is laser-focused on innovating on behalf of our customers. This position is highly entrepreneurial in nature, hence it requires candidates who can develop a full picture of the business problem to ship end-to-end solutions.
This role is roughly 80% software engineering and optionally 20% data science. We’re especially looking for seasoned engineers with a strong grasp of CS principles that are excited to expand their responsibilities to include statistics/AI when needed. You will work with Go, PostgreSQL, ML tools such as TensorFlow, and various Google Cloud Platform tools to develop “the brain” of the platform. Specifically, you will:
- Architect, build, deploy, and support back-end services that power our family of products
- Solve problems using mechanistic, bottom-up thinking and statistical, top-down approaches
- Implement and ship models to predict the demand for commodities at nodes in a logistics network, the availability of supply, estimated arrival times, delays and more
- Act as a front-line engineering leader that is able to communicate and direct solid design patterns, while still valuing delivery above all else
- Embrace a product mindset. Our engineering team is motivated by solving our customers’ problems and shipping value -- not by the number of tickets in the “done” column!
Here are some qualifications we look for:
- Substantial experience writing, deploying, and managing software deployed into a cloud environment
- Comfortable utilizing GCP (or other cloud) products such as Pub/Sub, BigQuery, Memorystore/Redis, etc. strategically
- Experience building solutions involving algorithms, optimization, reinforcement learning, artificial neural networks, discrete event simulation and case based reasoning
- Experience with our stack is great -- Go, Kubernetes, Postgres, etc.
- Ability to execute with little oversight and to solve problems quickly
- Experience in at least one ML framework, such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, is a bonus
- Master’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science is a bonus
At VORTO we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with matching
- Company paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company paid parking or transit pass
- Relocation offered when applicable
- Modern office spaces in Denver
- Daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- Team happy hours
VORTO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.