Senior Software Engineer at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
We are looking for a Lead Senior Software Engineer to add to our Apps & Solutions tier and Orchestrated Energy product line. You’ll work with a talented group of engineers on building a platform combining internal and external APIs and data processing services that will serve our utility partners and end users through a variety of products.
- Collaborate with passionate on the team and organization to build software that helps reduce energy consumption
- Work with event driven system to enroll and communicate with Smart Thermostats and other devices
- Leverage your skills in full stack development to build web applications that are accessible, secure, and ready to scale for growing businesses
- Utilize different cloud based technologies in AWS and GCP to create stable and maintainable software systems
- Work closely with Product and Customer Success team members to ensure product requirements are being met
- Help write and prioritize stories to ensure tech debt is addressed
- Design and build new services that work with IoT devices to manage energy consumption and load on an energy grid for utility partners.
- Shape the engineering future of the company by collaborating on architectural decisions to achieve business objectives
What you will contribute:
- You are excited to build a product that impacts millions of Our software is used by utility companies to help deliver energy saving programs to energy customers across North America and allows them to benefit from significant reductions in usage during peak periods.
- You value standing on the shoulders of You agree that we don’t have to reinvent the wheel every time and you embrace finding the balance between reusing and building from scratch to maximize quality and maintainability of code. You prioritize the needs of the product and business to provide perspective on decisions required to deliver today while building the solutions for tomorrow.
- You embrace mentorship and collaboration as part of your role within the team. You are willing to share your knowledge as freely as you are open to listening and learning. You take time to review code and educate others on the team in a positive and constructive way.
- You collaborate with Product and Management to drive results while advocating for quality and
- You work with others to share knowledge and understand the value of good documentation and communication to provide support.
What you bring to Uplight:
- You have used infrastructure service providers such as Google Cloud and AWS and are knowledgeable in how to build and deploy software with them.
- You have used Docker or other containerization tools and know how to leverage them to build stable software
- You can advocate for a test-driven approach to development and have utilized continuous integration and development (CI/CD)
- You are knowledgeable of software best practices and work to continuously stay abreast of new developments
- You enjoy working with others to coordinate and collaborate on building great software and achieving client requirements
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our
- Focused on career growth by following defined career
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $108,000 to $123,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.