We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer who wants to continue to build great software, while helping to train and grow the engineers around them. We are partnering with one of the biggest players in the automotive space, to provide a SaaS-like vehicle transactions platform.
Blinker engineering is currently building the next iteration of our platform from the ground up to support the Autotrader marketplace. We are using modern architecture and paradigms throughout the stack to build the next iteration of our intricate transactions platform, building on foundational experience from previous iterations.
Previously, Blinker has developed a patented, differentiated transactional platform along with operations to support sellers, buyers and borrowers in the Automotive sector. Specifically, Blinker provided end-to-end digital transactional capabilities for purchase/sale transactions and related finance and insurance services to buyers on our home grown marketplace. Leveraging proprietary image recognition, AI and back office technology, Blinker delivered a streamlined user experience including vehicle valuation, listing, loan pre-qualification, lien payoff, ownership transfer, loan funding, insurance coverage, and more.
Join us, and help our team add end-to-end transactional capability to a high volume marketplace.
What we’re looking for:
- A strong communicator that would be excited to interface with teams outside of Engineering
- Ability to collaborate with people who have a varied set of technical skill levels, from junior to principle engineer
- A software engineer that looks at development with a generalist mindset. Having deep knowledge in some places of passion but not afraid to get their hands dirty in any part of the stack.
- A love of learning
- An enthusiasm for growing technical breadth and depth.
- Senior-level experience with any mainstream programming language, with a passion for modern and pragmatic code.
- Individuals looking for a high performing team, where we support each other while holding ourselves and one another accountable.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on small, autonomous, results-oriented project teams to deliver high-value software.
- Building robust backend features with strong functional programming paradigms.
- Building user interfaces for end users and platform administrators with strongly typed and functional paradigms.
- Operating with and iterating on our cloud infrastructure from CI/CD to monitoring and metrics.
- Experience with Phoenix/Elixir.
- Experience with React/TypeScript.
- Experience with Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, or other modern DevOps tools.
- Experience with building multi-tenant, best-practices SaaS products.
Where you'll be working:
- This postion is headquartered in Denver, CO. However, we are open to candidates working remotely from any U.S. location. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Engineer 2: $112,000 - $122,00
- Senior Engineer 1: $132,000 - $142,000
- Senior Engineer 2: $144,000 - $152,000
- Senior Staff Engineer: $155,000 - $170,000
- Principal Engineer: $175,000 - $190,000
About Blinker Engineering:
- Highly Competitive Benefits - We have high expectations of our engineers, and we want to make sure they are rewarded for meeting them. Our benefits package includes 100% employer covered medical, dental, vision, group term life and AD&D, short-term, and long term insurance premiums for all employees; 50% employer covered medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums for all employees' dependents; Cafeteria plan for flexible medical spending; Aflac benefits including accident indemnity and cancer care; eligibility to participate in 401K Plan after 90 days of employment; unlimited paid-time-off; parental leave; and 100% employer paid parking or mass transit pass (where applicable). Eligibility for option grants to share in the success of the business begins upon the 1-year employment anniversary.
- Develop your career - We take career development seriously. We have three main paths for engineers (Core Contributor, Technical Leadership, People Leadership) and each of those has multiple titles, with compensation brackets and associated responsibilities and opportunities. We integrate feedback through manager 1:1s, performance reviews, and anonymous engineering team surveys. We want our engineers to succeed and not only build great things at Blinker, but significantly grow their careers at the same time.
- Healthy, transparent, results-oriented workplace - We try to limit heavy-handed processes and overly prescriptive planning. We limit meetings, favoring ad-hoc and proactive communication. We care deeply about the team “vibe” and ensure we have an inclusive, fun, and engaging environment for everyone. We believe information is critical for our team to succeed, and we build tools to democratize data and support an open and honest environment. In our autonomous workplace, engineers make important decisions everyday and must feel they have the right amount of information to make those decisions - which is why we favor transparency.
- Opportunities to specialize and generalize - We don’t have fixed teams at Blinker. Instead we spin up teams around a focused project, with clear goals and deliverable outcomes. These teams give engineers the ability to dive deep on a given feature, or jump into a project where they have less technical or domain expertise.
- Opportunities to be the leader - We regularly spin up project teams with a finite set of goals to complete. Each time a team is spun up, a leader is selected from a rotating list of engineers interested in technical product management leadership. We believe a strong set of requirements is all a small group of engineers need to complete work in an effective and efficient manner.