sr. software developer at flytedesk
When we first started, we figured we’d build a simple way to aggregate a few different types of media on college campuses, plug it into existing demand sources, and boom – profit. It wasn’t that easy.
We built the ecosystem we wanted to see, and what emerged is a minor miracle. While the rest of the media industry is being decimated… we’ve created a business model that’s actually working.
We build three main things: the core platform (infrastructure, databases, and internal tools), a publisher platform (that colleges use to manage their ad inventory), and DSP (that buyers use to select/buy/measure inventory). Our goal is that you come in and understand all three, and then move into a tech lead position when we split into teams dedicated to each component.
The right candidate will be comfortable learning quickly, thoughtful about the impact of what they’re building, solution-oriented, non-dogmatic, committed to excellence, excited to communicate with stakeholders across the business, and intent on building something big for a community that deserves it.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Identify inefficiencies and architect solutions for automation
- Contribute to sprint planning and PR reviews
- Implement / help define best practices in code and data structures
- PHP, NodeJS
- DevOps experience (AWS, Kubernetes, GitLab, Docker, Nginx / Apache, etc.)
- MySQL / NoSQL databases / Elastic Stack
- Linux system administration skills
- Experience with Application architecture and Systems architecture
- Experience with CI/CD environment
- Good attitude and a team player (our team is too small for jerks)
- 5+ years experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Apollo GraphQL + Apollo Federation
- Go or Python (microservices may be built with these)
- Cloudformation or other infrastructure-as-code solutions
- Experience with Vue.js or other reactive frameworks (i.e. React, Angular)
- Experience contributing to a scaling engineering org
- Some experience with ad tech/media/student media/startups a plus!
- Backend: Laravel, Laravel Nova, Lumen, PHP 8, MySQL, Redis, PHP Unit, Composer
- Frontend: Vue.js (an SPA w/ Vue Router), Vuex, Jest, GraphQL, Tailwind CSS + PostCSS, ES6 w/ Babel, Webpack
- DevOps: Docker (primarily Linux based images), GitHub, Gitlab (integrated w/ GitHub for automated push deployments), AWS (RDS w/ MySQL, Redis Cache Cluster, Nginx, Apache, S3, ELB, Kubernetes on EKS), Jira (also integrated w/ GitHub)
- Future: Projects in the future will include new languages / frameworks / infrastructure (i.e. Go, Python, serverless etc.). You will be integral in making decisions on the future of the tech stack