Senior Software Engineer at Housecall Pro
**We are currently considering candidates outside of Denver And San Diego**
Who is Housecall Pro?
- Housecall Pro is a mission-driven company - we champion the Service Pro to success.
- We are tackling a large market ($700b+) generally underserved by technology and unencumbered by a dominant competitor.
- Competitive compensation and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employee assistance program, 401K) that start on day 1.
- Our passionate employees bring their authentic selves to work. Housecall Pro employees are encouraged to create employee resource groups to make the world better (think volunteering and philanthropy).
- Equity in a growth stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.
- Paid holidays and self-managed take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off.
- Opportunity to come onboard with a team that is experiencing high growth with ability to explore different career paths.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Housecall Pro you’ll begin working with your team lead on our main Ruby on Rails application, iterating through fast-paced use cases. You’ll design, develop, and test features and push those features to production on a daily basis. Initially, you'll work on our Ruby on Rails application and its React front end. You will also have the opportunity to work on our Android and iOS applications as well, with the option to work as a full stack engineer or lean into your preferred speciality.
Our Engineering team is extraordinary. We’re a hardworking and focused team driven to deliver industry-leading apps to our service professional customers. Our success is their success. Our team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused team members are the "engine room" of Housecall Pro, helping our customers operate and to grow their businesses.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the Engineering team to develop and deploy features that provide customer outcomes.
- Write great code that is both understandable and testable
- Further your knowledge of the technology stacks that drive Housecall Pro.
- Collaborate with product managers to deeply understand core customer problems, how to solve them, and estimate their complexity
- Be a mentor on our team to help grow the skills and confidence of junior engineers
- 2-5 years of experience in a software engineering role
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Ability to write meaningful, well-tested code that solves real customer problems
- Can estimate, design, and build a small epic end-to-end
- Ability to bring your latest and greatest learning and tell us why we should use them tomorrow in Housecall Pro
Compensation: $98,000 - $125,000 annual
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro has become the leader in the field service management software space. We are committed to improving home service professionals’ business by providing solutions that support their success by delivering software that includes scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, and marketing. With over 200 employees in the US and over $50M raised in venture capital, we are growing our organization commensurate with our business opportunity and expect significant headcount growth in 2021.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.