Senior Software Engineer
Cooler Screens is backed and led by some of the most prominent Chicago & Silicon Valley leaders, advisers, and investors and has developed a digital solution to create and transform a multibillion-dollar industry and positively affect the buying experiences of consumers in the US and beyond. If you’re looking to get on the ground floor of the next digital revolution and Chicago tech success story – this opportunity may be for you.
As a Senior Software Engineer focusing on development, you will continuously add value to the interface between our edge computing platforms and host. You will contribute directly to solutions that enable content and collect critical performance data. As an important part of the software engineering team, you will help create our in-store IoT solutions.
As we transform the retail customer experience with our digital media platform, we invite you to join Cooler Screens in enabling the journey.
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about development and are eager to expand your knowledge within a fast-paced start-up environment; you embrace change, and your solutions are engineered for it
- You are a self-starter and an innovator who thrives on tough technical challenges and finds ways to apply technology to solve business problems
- You are an experienced technologist, but you are also known as a trusted teammate who helps everyone deliver value together
- You are a collaborative, hardworking, problem-solver, who leads by example and has strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have a deeply ingrained sense of timeliness and urgency to resolve problems
- You have excellent organization skills and can work independently and multi-task with minimal supervision, while effectively identifying, organizing, and prioritizing multiple projects for themselves and others.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Focus on overall product quality and user experience
- Take initiative and be responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges
What You Need:
- 7+ years of experience in a full-time development role
- DevOps (CI/CD, Azure Devboards/Github)
- B.S. preferred in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with version control, continuous integration and delivery tools (CircleCI, GitHub, Jenkins, Azure DevOps or GitLab)
*You have deep knowledge and experience in 2 or more of the areas listed:
- React or Augular
- Azure platform experience, Azure IoT Edge, Hub and Sphere,
- Azure Ecosystem Cosmos DB, PowerBI, SQL Datawarehouse
- Industrial and Enterprise IoT experience is a huge plus
- TensorFlow, PyTorch
Who we are:
Cooler Screens was founded on the core idea that consumers deserve a far better experience than what is available today in brick-and-mortar retail. We call this concept Consumer Experience (“CX”) and it guides all that we do. We have begun the CX journey by bringing what consumers love about shopping on-line to the frozen and refrigerated food aisle.
Cooler Screens is powered by proprietary innovation and a global network of industry-leading partners. Global technology, CPG, and retail leaders have partnered with Cooler Screens to be part of this important and rapidly growing industry initiative. We are backed and led by some of the most prominent Silicon Valley and Chicago leaders, advisers, and investors.
For the right candidate, we have a competitive compensation and ownership package with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team. You can be based in Chicago or possibly elsewhere.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.