DAT Solutions is looking for Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Denver, CO.
We’re looking for an experience Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for designing and building compelling, web-scale, consumer-facing data visualization products.
In this role, you will work with our team of product managers, UX designers, data scientists, and data engineering experts using cutting edge tools to develop products that are reliable, scalable, and sustainable. You’ll be working with the data from our industry dominant network of brokers and carriers to bring actionable insights to our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Build analytics tools that utilize our data pipelines to provide actionable insights for our customers in the freight industry.
Work across the stack from raw data to customer-facing APIs and UIs
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into innovative industry leaders.
- Review functional requirements and analyze their impact on schedule and software design
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and direction to other team members
The Skills You’ll Need
- Graduate degree in Computer Science Statistics, Engineering, Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
- Experience in a software development role, preferably in a web-scale, consumer facing product role (as opposed to internal users). In this role you will work the full stack, however this particular role will lean more towards front-end/web development.
- Experience working with Angular or other modern JS frameworks utilizing a Node backend.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift or similar cloud technologies such as Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience with containerization and clustering technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with object-oriented/functional programming languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Strong analytic skills and experience working with unstructured datasets.
- A successful history of creating rich data visualizations that drive insights for customers.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience working with and supporting high availability SaaS implementations
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
DAT Solutions is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in trucking, freight, and transportation supply chain logistics for 42 years. We wrote the book on freight automation, and continue to transform the industry year over year by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the deepest, broadest, most relevant data, and accurate insights, to help them make intelligent business decisions and successfully run their companies. We operate the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America, with 183 million freight matches in 2019, and a database of $118 billion of global shipment annual market transaction data. DAT Solutions is based in Beaverton, OR, with offices in Colorado, Missouri, Texas, and Bangalore, India.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
DAT Solutions embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
DAT Solutions offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered for this position.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department.
DAT Solutions will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services, and/or recruitment agencies.