ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
Ever wanted to learn more about how to apply technology to drive a high-growth startup? Are you interested in A|B testing, experiment design, and building features and functionality across the technology stack that provably move core business metrics? Sounds like you’d fit right into our Growth team!
ezCater is expanding its Growth Engineering team and we are looking for smart, friendly, and collaborative technologists to help us reach our goals while delivering real impact to the business. The Growth team is a dynamic group that works across ezCater to build features that will help move the business forward, wherever there is value to be found. These goals include new feature implementation, metrics review and experiment design, sharpening/smoothing out our development feedback loops, and collaborating with cross-functional teams on processes and initiatives that help grow new user engagement and strengthen existing user retention.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Check out this CBS Boston article for a glimpse into our culture.
What You'll Do
- Measure and improve performance in every facet (we believe speed is a feature and core skill). You love webpagetest, google lighthouse, and know what webp is and why it could and should be used.
- React to customer and business requests by evolving our existing products and identifying areas that would benefit from new initiatives leveraging tech.
- Evolve the user experience based on A/B test results, Google Analytics data, and customer feedback.
- Learn about what metrics make a high-growth consumer business successful, and how to impact them with technology.
- Embrace exciting scale challenges.
What You Have:
- 5+ years of professional web development experience, ideally using Ruby on Rails.
- Strong experience and working knowledge of CSS fundamentals (experience with TailwindCSS is a large plus).
- Solid SQL / relational database experience (Postgres is what we use, but not required)
- A strong appetite for learning, experimentation, relentless curiosity and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better.
- A thirst for personal and professional growth.
- A friendly, flexible, and pragmatic disposition.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind. At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized RTD-passes, a great office right in downtown Denver, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.