Senior Software Engineer at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. We’re working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities to provide a personalized end-to-end customer energy experience that helps meet and accelerate carbon reduction goals. We are a certified B Corp, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
We are searching for a disciplined Senior Software Engineer with back-end interest and expertise who is passionate about changing the way millions of people save energy. You’ll work within the Engineering Squad to build and improve our platforms (especially our API layers and data processing) to deliver flexible and creative solutions to our utility partners and end-users. You’ll be a part of developing a robust architecture to manage massive amounts of data and leveraging it to deliver a compelling experience to users across our platforms. And you’ll work on a great team with excellent benefits.
- Be excited to work with talented, committed people in a fast-paced environment
- Be passionate about energy consumption and making a difference in the world
- Love developing great software -- some of your proudest moments involve GitHub
- Be capable of prioritizing your work to adhere to a deliverable schedule and ensure successful delivery that exceeds expectations
- Be ready, able, and willing to jump onto a call with a partner or customer to help solve problems
- Have a strong eye for detail and quality of your code
- Not be afraid to dig into hard problems, and enjoy experimenting to come up with simple, elegant solutions
What you bring to Uplight:
- A love of collaborative problem solving and a deep desire to be an excellent teammate
- You are an experienced developer - you ideally have 3-7 years of professional experience
- Python experience, preferably both 2.7 and 3.x
- Scala experience or interest is a huge bonus
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable microservice architecture
- Google Cloud Platform or other cloud service provider experience
- 3+ years building and managing APIs to industry-accepted RESTful standards
- Demonstrable experience with writing unit and functional tests
- Application of industry security best practices to application and system development
- Experience working with large data sets in RDBMS, preferably postgreSQL
- Ability to deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering, or demonstrable industry experience
- Experience mentoring peers and leading technical teams through the decision making
- Experience with cloud infrastructure automation such as terraform, cloud formation or similar
- Experience with ETLs and data pipelines
- Solid CI/CD experience
- Automation of multi-step repetitive tasks
- Serverless architecture, preferably Google Cloud Functions
- You work on the command line confidently and are familiar with all the goodies that the Linux toolkit can provide
- You are a Git guru and revel in collaborative workflows
- Pandas / SciPy / Numpy / R / SciKitLearn
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities
- Focus on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and…. we love to laugh!
In addition, we:
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.