Senior Software Engineer at Healthgrades
Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As a Senior Software Engineer working with the OAS (Online Appointment Scheduling) Platform Squad, you will collaborate with developers, test engineers, product owners, Scrum Masters, Healthgrades’ clients, and other parties to both create new integration capabilities, and to support and enhance existing production systems. You will be working not only on building and maintaining individual integrations, you will also be part of creating systems to make it quicker, easier, and more automated for us to implement and verify new integrations, to proactively monitor and manage our production systems, and to enable support for our client services team. Apply today if you want to make a measurable impact on how people across the country connect with healthcare!
What You Will Do:
- Develop and support Healthgrades’ online appointment scheduling integration platforms, frameworks, and administrative applications
- Design, build, maintain, and access APIs for 3rd party integrations
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team and stakeholders in an agile development environment
- Work with business and technical team members to design and implement new systems from the bottom up, both internal and client-facing
- Review code and solution designs, including your own, within the team and also with the broader engineering team
- Take the lead engineering role in client-facing discussions related to technical requirements, timelines and troubleshooting
- Own a project from start to finish with appropriate problem-solving skills and drive common understandings of technical topics, including with non-technical stakeholders
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or a related field, and/or sufficient real-world experience
- Experience partnering with clients, third party vendors, or similar stakeholders through the entire software development life cycle
- Strong listening and communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Ability to think critically and apply good judgment in problem-solving
- Good time management and organizational skills
- 5+ years of professional web development in a high-traffic, public-facing web environment
- Significant experience with agile/scrum methodologies with a strong understanding of current software development principles
- Familiarity with developing for the cloud, especially on AWS, with experience developing on a microservices architecture a plus
- Experience building scalable, high-performance APIs using C#, Web API, ASP.NET MVC, especially on .Net Core
- Experience coding against a variety of web APIs, leveraging HTTP, REST, JSON, and using tools such as Postman, SoapUI, etc.
- Strong understanding of databases (relational and document-oriented/NoSQL) and familiarity with search/IR engines (Solr, Elasticsearch)
- Proficient with Git and significant experience with CI/CD, such as Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, Octopus Deploy, Cake, etc.
- Good experience with test-driven development (TDD) and creating unit tests
- Enough experience with Node.js, React, WebPack, and UI development to help troubleshoot issues
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and energetic work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work - empowering consumers with data to make the right decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game – fast paced culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders – partnering with local organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!