Senior Software Engineer at Parsyl
Parsyl is an early-stage, venture-backed technology platform that was founded with the mission to improve health and save money by providing a better way to ensure the integrity of sensitive goods as they are shipped around the globe. We do this by combining proprietary sensing devices with powerful predictive data analytics to offer an unprecedented view of quality assurance and risk dynamics.
If you get excited thinking about joining a company whose technology will help answer questions like: “Should I give this vaccine to a child?” and “Is this seafood safe to eat?”- we’re looking for you.
Where you fit in:
As an early member of a fast-growing startup, you will work with all members of the engineering team, including backend, embedded, mobile, and web engineers. You will also collaborate with the broader team and co-founders on building data-rich solutions that will be deployed quickly to a diversity of users and regions around the world.
You are a good fit for this position if you are a highly effective and flexible software engineer who is motivated by solving challenging technical problems and understanding the needs of the customer. You are eager to learn and enjoy building streamlined user experiences with modern techniques.
Technologies used by the team:
- Kotlin Multi-Platform (including native, JVM, Android, and iOS)
- Bluetooth Low Energy & Cellular connectivity
- Docker & Linux
What you’ll get to work on:
- Design and develop Internet of Things (IoT) gateways that collect data from proprietary sensors using Bluetooth and backhaul it to the Parsyl platform over HTTPS
- Remotely monitor and ensure smooth operation of an IoT gateway fleet that is deployed in locations all over the world
- Contribute to and manage shared code used across multiple platforms
- Be ready and willing to get your hands dirty and wear many hats in a fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment
- Collaborate with other engineers, the CTO, product, customer success, and other business stakeholders
- Look for opportunities to lead in a growing engineering team and take a sense of pride and ownership over your work
- Use tools and methodologies that help establish efficient processes for strong and rapid growth
- Assist in recruiting other individuals to build out the engineering team
- 5+ years of experience in embedded and/or backend applications
- Experience in designing and architecting embedded and/or backend applications
- Experience with testing at all levels (unit, integration, and acceptance)
- Well-versed in industry best practices and patterns
- Proficient in Kotlin and/or Java
- Competency working in Linux and other embedded OSes
Bonus if you also have:
- Experience with IoT hardware (specifically Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Experience with limited-connectivity scenarios
- Experience with supply chain and logistics industry
- Experience with Android
Qualities we look for:
- Mission -- You are highly motivated and inspired by our mission to improve health and save money for people across the globe.
- Grit -- You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at an early stage startup.
- High Standards -- You take pride in your work and are highly accountable.
- Curiosity -- You are energized by finding creative solutions to new situations.
- Self-Starter -- You are ambitious and take initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness and commuter benefit
- Early-stage stock options
- Significant career growth opportunities
- Continuing education stipend
- Unlimited vacation
- Relocation assistance available