Senior Software Engineer at GutCheck
At GutCheck, we pioneered agile market research to provide our clients with actionable answers and insights, globally, at the speed of their business. We believe in the power of consumer research, and we are dedicated to providing best-in-class solutions. By challenging the status quo to get to something better, we are continually evaluating new, innovative ways to take tried-and-true methods and make them more agile to best support our clients, helping them think smarter and act faster.About the Role
Recognized as an expert in the field, and being knowledgeable of emerging trends and industry practices, you will conduct the most complex and vital work critical to the engineering department. You will help GutCheck differentiate based on our technology ensuring our competitive advantage in the marketplace thereby creating value for the company, including high impact projects such as automation, platform development, and big data integration.What You Will Do:
- Tee It Up! Live by and lead through our cultural values of Team, Educated Opinion, Economic Thinking, Intellectual Honesty, and Trust
- Create high-level architectural specifications, frameworks and initial proofs of concept, as well as help teams execute against the plan
- Bring a passion for learning, contributing to keeping our architecture up-to-speed with the latest proven technologies and design approaches
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well-informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
- Operate independently or collaborate closely with a team to deliver quality features.
- Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation metrics
- Six+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Experience writing SQL queries and relational database schema design
- Experience in automated testing including unit and functional testing using Java, JUnit, Selenium
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience building highly scalable web applications.
- Familiarity with Agile software development, scrum and test-driven development.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- You have experience with Spring, Hibernate and/or PostgreSQL
- You have built microservices and/or transitioned code from a monolithic application to microservices
- You have experience with continuous integration/deployment
- You have experience deploying applications in a cloud based environment such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
GutCheck is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.