Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - Server-side - Contact Center
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Boulder, CO
RingCentral, Inc., a leading provider of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), fosters a dynamic, success-driven, and team-oriented environment committed to delivering simple and delightful products for our customers. We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spark and a passion for redefining how people communicate.
RingCentral is one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world, and is hands down the largest and fastest growing company in pure cloud business communication and collaboration space. We are committed to innovation, and we continuously out-innovate the competition. Our award winning products are recognized leaders by Gartner and other prominent analysts. Communication is at the heart of every business, and our products enable people to do the work they want on the channel of their choice whether it's voice, video, text or chat while eliminating the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications. We are relentlessly focused on user experience.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. We promote a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the RingCentral Engineering team in our Boulder, CO office. In this position, you will work with management, architects and engineers to help inform and understand the product roadmap. You'll be responsible for designing, documenting and building new solutions in a microservice-oriented, distributed, high performance enterprise SaaS platform.
You'll work side-by-side with on-shore and off-shore teams, participate in mentoring less-senior engineers, actively engage in peer code reviews with engineers across multiple disciplines, and help to elevate the quality and spirit of the team and product. Overall, this is an opportunity to enter into a high visibility position at a critical moment in the growth of our Contact Center product.
You should be self-motivated, organized, excited about technology and SaaS products, a thorough critical thinker, and relentlessly passionate about quality, scalability, latency, and platform stability. Motivational, constructive and positive teamwork are key values we hold, and so must you.
- Design and develop new systems to meet the growing needs of the product and customer
- Enhance or overhaul existing systems to ensure continued success over time
- Develop technical specifications and engineering documentation for planning and reference
- Help assess impact and risk to business on various technology decisions
- Mentorship and code-reviews of engineers
- Help engineers get "un-stuck" when they run into technical problems
- Help create code quality and testing standards and ensure they are being met by engineering teams
- Work with onshore and offshore teams in consultatory and collaborative capacities
- Proven ability to learn complex, distributed systems quickly and thoroughly
- Proven ability to document complex systems, networks, events and architectures
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Strong Java / Spring experience
- Strong Experience with event driven, microservice architecture
- Strong experience with MySQL / Amazon Aurora / Hibernate / JDBC
- Demonstrable experience in a SaaS business model
- Experience mentoring engineers
- Data stream technology experience (Kafka) preferred
- NoSQL document storage experience preferred
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.