Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for Senior Software Engineer to join our Talent Search software engineering team. This team is responsible for implementing and maintaining the core people search and match functionality throughout our DHI brands. We are constantly seeking out innovative ways to solve the difficult engineering problems across DHI brands. We work in a hybrid stack including C#, Angular and Python with heavy use of ElasticSearch. We are believers in using the right tool for the job and are always open to alternative technologies where it makes sense. We have embraced AWS so experience building cloud-ready services is needed. To enable this a good grasp of software craftsmanship and a passion for learning new things are a must.
· Participate in application design, development, automated testing, performance analysis, and deployment efforts of your team
· Perform code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code
· Collaborate with team to develop consistent and clear API specifications
· Help set the engineering direction of the product
· Communicate project status to team members and business users
· Work with Product Management to understand and solve business issues
· Set a solid technical example, mentoring of less experienced team members
What are we requiring for this role?
· Understanding of Microservices Architecture
· You take pride in delivering innovative value and increased capabilities to the market, being a true software craftsman and have a passion for using technology to innovate.
· Experience developing within an Agile environment
· Experience with search technologies including ElasticSearch, SOLR and Lucene desired including setup, configuration, relevance tuning
· Extensive experience building RESTful Web API’s and integration systems with .NET
· Experience with AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy) preferred
· Experience with Angular or Front-end frameworks a plus
· Excellent understanding of NOSQL Databases (MongoDB, Dynamo preferred), Redis/Memcache
· Experience with CI/CD tools (AWS Code*, Jenkins, Automated Testing, etc) preferred
· Experience with infrastructure tools such as Docker, CloudFormation a plus
· Familiarity in machine learning algorithms such neural networks, NLP, classification, regression, clustering, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field
· 7 or more years’ experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing, and deploying commercial application systems in a business environment