Senior Software Engineer at Workiva
Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Thousands of organizations, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk.
To build great software, you need great tools. As a Senior Software Engineer on our Build Tools team, you will be charged with the design, development, and management of development-centric tools, specifically around the concept of Continuous Integration, to make it easier for teams to build and deploy high-quality software. Our agile environment allows for flexibility with an integrated work life.
Engineers love solving complex problems with autonomy and authority and are encouraged to stay on top of new technologies. Innovation is the key to our success; we do not get stuck in a rut! Being a customer driven environment, we have seamless daily and weekly releases. You can see your code in production in short order.
What You'll Do:
- Write cutting edge code
- Work on any part of the stack - from our CI front-end, RESTful APIs to the cogs that drive our CI system
- Deploy quickly to production
- Work on an agile development team
- Work with other engineers, designers, and test engineers to bring prototypes to life
- Develop frameworks, monitoring tools, and infrastructure to increase the speed of release cycles
- Work with engineering teams across the company to develop and improve our continuous integration system and other development tools
What You'll Need:
- BS CS/EE/CE, or equivalent job experience
- A passion for coding and building complex applications
- Proficient in numerous front end and back end languages; expertise as a full stack engineer
- Experience with AWS or Google AppEngine technologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills, great attention to details
- Experience with tools such as Datadog, Splunk, Rancher, Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Ability to scale solutions
But don't worry if you don't have the experience or exposure...if you can show that you have the appetite and desire to learn and the ability to deliver, we're gonna want to talk to you!
- Experience with Docker or other container systems (lots of bonus points)
- Familiarity writing code that works across all popular platforms and browsers
- Experience using Dart and/or React
- Experience with Google Compute Engine
- Experience in Go
- Experience with Graph Databases