Senior Software Engineer
Sr Engineer, Software
Responsibilities include, but not limited:
- Working with Typescript and other web technologies to deliver a performant, scalable, and responsive platform.
- Building features and plugins that need to function on embedded, mobile, and any number of other devices.
- Building web applications that need to be integrated seamlessly into both the in-home and on-the-go experience.
- Ability to define T-Mobile specific requirements and work effectively with other organizations and peer engineering teams on developing, testing, implementing and supporting these requirements for existing and upcoming products
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Facilitate good technical designs and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices.
- Write maintainable code, working in a professional software engineering environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration and deployment, etc.). Cowboy coders need not apply.
- Work with device/network vendors on issues, log collection, analysis and troubleshooting.
- Support the Device Design, Network Design, Network Performance, Network Validation and Marketing teams for new feature/product launches.
- Support feasibility/analysis for validation of new technologies, products, features, and services. Work with device design as well as network design to formulate development strategies.
Must have the following skills, abilities and knowledge:
- 5+ years of professional web development experience.
- Single Page Application (SPA) 3+ years of experience
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS and W3C standards.
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services and networking.
- Experience with building responsive application interfaces.
- Knowledgeable about build and tooling systems like Webpack and Babel.
- Able to write maintainable and functionally tested modules.
- Proficient in database storage mechanics and efficient data retrieval.
- Educated in browser and painting performance bottlenecks.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability.
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development life cycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Welcome change and complexity. Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
- You love learning and mentoring others.
- 5+ years of experience building web based user interfaces.
- Bachelors of Science degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Masters of Science a plus
- Must be willing to relocate to the greater Denver, CO or Boston, MA
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.