Senior Software Engineer at Gemini (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Role: Trading Systems Engineer
Working with our team of core trading systems developers to improve and expand the functionality of our matching engine, order entry mechanisms, and market data publication. We design, develop, deploy, and support real-time systems for our digital asset trading platform. Time is measured in microseconds and we aim to start measuring in nanoseconds. Reliability, fault tolerance, recoverability, throughput, and latency are what we look for in our systems. If something on the spaceship is broken we aim to fix it, if something can be automated we automate it, and we ship our code weekly.
- Use engineering principles to identify and measure risk and to implement quantitative and technical risk management solutions in software
- Understand business needs, facilitate and develop process workflows, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation of our real time exchange
- Develop scalable architecture for the future state of our exchange and contribute towards improving the trading infrastructure.
- Write robust code and APIs to support the company’s vital business
- Keep everyone informed about the health and viability of the platform by reporting known issues and status of ongoing investigations.
- Identify and advocate for changes vital to the stability and supportability of the system.
- Mentor and advise teammates to ensure new features are efficient, highly available, and fault tolerant.
- Provide continuity and stability to the production environment.
- Provide quick response to production issues to help eliminate down time thereby ensuring high availability and performance of our trading platform.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan the changes to our trading software thereby ensuring smooth exchange migrations, quick time to market for new features and software.
- 3+ years Java/C++ or functional programming language experience in a exchange/trading systems environment
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and continuous integration tools
- 3+ years working with order handling or matching engines
- 3+ years working with FIX or other market data/order protocols
- Experience in building real time Linux systems
- Solid understanding of IP multicast and TCP protocols
- Low latency/lock-free development and design
- Multithreading and concurrency experience
- Binary or custom protocols (e.g. ITCH/OUCH)
- Linux kernel tuning and optimization
- Scala experience
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
Salary Range: In compliance with the New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role is between $152,000 - $213,000 in New York City. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.