Senior Software Engineer at DAT (Remote)
DAT is a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 43 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 226 million freight posts in 2020, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. Our headquarters are in Denver, CO, with additional offices in Missouri, Oregon, Texas, and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Freight Matching team in Beaverton, OR.
This can be a fully remote, work from home opportunity. It is open to applicants who are full time residents of the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MN, MT, MO, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY.
This position can also work in-office if preferred, 2-3x/week. We have teams in both our Beaverton, Oregon and Denver, Colorado offices.
As an experienced Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing and building compelling, web-scale, consumer-facing products.
In this role, you will work with our team of engineers and product managers using cutting edge tools to develop products that are reliable, scalable, and sustainable. You’ll be working with the data from our industry dominant network of brokers and carriers to bring actionable insights to our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Build search tools that utilize to provide actionable near-real time results for our customers in the freight industry.
- Work across the stack from raw data to customer-facing APIs
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Keep our data separated and secure through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Review functional requirements and analyze their impact on schedule and software design
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and direction to other team members
The Skills and Experience You’ll Bring
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
- Experience in a software development role, preferably in a web-scale, consumer facing product role (as opposed to internal users). In this role you will work the full stack, however this particular role will lean more towards backend / middleware.
- Experience with Node.js or Typescript.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift or similar cloud technologies such as Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience with containerization and clustering technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with object-oriented/functional programming languages: Java, Kotlin, C++, Scala, etc.
- Working knowledge of SQL and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
work from home