Senior Software Engineer -- Traffic Scheduling and Planning at Outrider
Azevtec (Autonomous, Zero-Emission Vehicle Technologies) is automating 'first-mile' trucking. We simplify how large enterprises ship goods—our robotic systems automate repetitive vehicle movement and manual tasks in the world’s busiest freight-shipping hubs to enhance operational performance, reduce costs, and improve safety.
Azevtec is a rapidly growing, Series-A company founded to drive the adoption of sustainable transportation and deploy autonomous vehicles responsibly.
The Senior Software Engineer -- Traffic Scheduling and Planning will report to the VP Software Engineering and be responsible for developing the command-and-control subsystem for mission-level planning to orchestrate and optimize single- and multi-vehicle autonomous traffic.
We’re searching for an accomplished software engineer with a track record of demonstrated high achievement who can lead software development from concept through testing and commercialization for a mission planning module that schedules, prioritizes, and manages tasks for a fleet of autonomous mobile robots. The Senior Software Engineer -- Traffic Scheduling and Planning will develop software for tasking large vehicles to operate autonomously alone or in a large group.
This position requires strong software development and system architect/engineering skills – the successful candidate will be responsible for software subsystem design and engineering for autonomous vehicle systems that redefine large enterprise supply chains and boast safe, error-free, and effective operational performance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop from scratch the scheduling, mission planning & decision-making software for a multi-agent, autonomous, mobile robotic system
- Take responsibility for the full software engineering lifecycle: requirements, design, implementation, test, integration, and ongoing release management
- Create dynamic task allocation algorithms and modules to automate asset deployment and task completion
- Commit to addressing customer issues in the office and in the field, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, robotics, and/or electrical/electronics engineering
- 3-5 years’ background in multi-agent systems and autonomous, multi-robot coordination/communication
- Rich experience with advanced control design, multi-agent-based dynamic task allocation, and path planning
- 5+ years of in-depth experience with object-oriented design and C++
- Strong algorithm development/ optimization/ implementation/ performance tuning skills
- Expertise with software for ground robotic systems
- Experience using version control tools (Git, specifically) and Linux toolchain
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people skills
- Sterling references on and off-list
- Master’s or doctorate degree in computer science, robotics, transportation, electrical/electronics engineering, or computer engineering
- Experience with Robotic Operating System (ROS)
- Background designing, building, and testing safety-critical systems and products