Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute, and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility. We are an integrated, cross-channel solution—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised a $60M Series D from top-tier investors like Index Ventures and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years and we have also made Best Places to Work - Denver for 2020. In addition, Wealthfront listed us on their 2020 Career Launching Companies List and we’ve earned ourselves a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100. We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, plus our first international office in London. Our values are Trust, Growth Mindset, Humility, and Balance, and you can learn more about how we live our values as we scale on Our Culture page or more about our history on our About Us page.
We serve large enterprise customers and keeping our platform highly reliable, running at high performance, and secure is extremely important. We are treating operations the way we think about building software, and forming an SRE team to support this transformation.
The SRE team will be responsible for the availability, resilience and performance of our systems by helping evolve our systems towards these goals, building automation and tooling, and owning incident management. Here’s more information about our Engineering culture, values, and interviewing process.
How you will make an impact:
One of our explicit goals as a company is to cultivate a uniquely fun and growth-oriented culture. Our team of talented Engineers and thinkers is small, lean, empathetic, and balanced. As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will provide the expertise on how to build, test, monitor, and deploy scalable applications. You will develop, define, and document what the standards are for production, operations, and our growing resilient infrastructure.
One of our core values is growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please do apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
In this role you'll get to:
- This is a software engineering role (60% of your time) where you will focus on automation and improving production and operations resilience
- Design and develop improvements, focused on resilience, to our production systems to achieve and surpass SLOs
- Designing and implementing, & monitoring and logging systems at scale
- Evolving systems towards improved reliability and scalability
- Join our team as an Incident Commander (with on-call responsibility) and act to ensure the right people are in the right place at the right time
- Facilitate blameless Incident Retrospectives to understand root causes, communicate learnings, determine remediation and make us better and closer as a team.
- Help improve our operational practices to minimize service disruptions
- Track and communicate operational metrics surrounding incidents and the health of our systems
- Serve as an important point of contact for our customers to ensure they understand our efforts on their behalf
- Instrumenting production systems, collecting metrics, and improving observability
- Troubleshooting application, network, and database performance issues
- Developing process, procedure and reporting on systems and team health metrics
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience developing software focused on systems and operational automation in a large-scale distributed environment
- Experience scaling complex systems for operational resiliency
- Recent experience with algorithms, complexity analysis, and software design
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure on AWS or similar
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Pension plan
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Updated: 8/28/2020