Senior Software Engineer -- Sensor Suite Design at Outrider
Azevtec (Autonomous, Zero-Emission Vehicle Technologies) is automating 'first-mile' trucking. We simplify how large enterprises ship goods—our robotic systems automate repetitive vehicle movement and manual tasks in the world’s busiest freight-shipping hubs to enhance operational performance, reduce costs, and improve safety.
Azevtec is a rapidly growing, Series-A company founded to drive the adoption of sustainable transportation and deploy autonomous vehicles responsibly.
We’re searching for a talented, autonomous vehicle software engineer who understands sensing modalities of all types and can lead the requirements development, evaluation, and implementation of a multi-modal sensor suite for an driverless trucking system.
The Autonomous Vehicle Sensor Engineer will report to the Vice President of Software Engineering.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the development of a multimodal (camera, LIDAR, RADAR, ultrasonic, infrared) sensor suite
- Determine requirements for the autonomous vehicle system's sensing capabilities broadly and individual sensors specifically
- Conduct trade studies of sensors, vendors, and sensor categories
- Select sensors for evaluation and conduct evaluations
- Consider the efficacy of each modality/type and model of sensor data in supporting perception and operational needs
- Travel and perform fieldwork, depending on initial customer locations (up to 25%)
- 2+ years' relevant industry experience
- Ability to read/write/debug C++
- Clear understanding of how sensor data will be used to advance the system's sensing capabilities
- Ability to write sensor drivers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people skills
- Sterling references
- Familiarity with as many of the following as possible: stereo vision, LIDAR, RADAR, ultrasonic and thermal sensing technology
- Ability to read/write/debug Python
- Prior use of Git for software version control
- FOSS libraries/frameworks such as OpenCV, the Point Cloud Library (PCL), and similar packages