SonderMind is seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer in Search to bring a wealth of search technology knowledge and collaborate real-time with Machine Learning Engineers (MLE), Data Scientists, and work with multiple departments to build search services that scale to support client/provider matching. You will develop algorithms derived from these to optimize our matching capabilities, which will dynamically adjust throughout the day to provide unprecedented match quality. You will have a hand in every stage of development, from concept through release and refinement.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you will have broad knowledge in search technologies and experience with developing, iterating, and implementing complex algorithms for search solutions. You will possess the ability to work independently while also being an excellent communicator and collaborator. You are flexible and confident, taking action with imperfect and evolving information, always striving to improve and not settling for the status quo.
- By end of week two, you are well acquainted with our Client Portal, the existing search mechanism, and it’s limitations.
- By end of month one, you are working with peers and stakeholders to create a search vision, the necessary tools, and expected capabilities.
- By end of month three, you are actively developing, testing, and refining new search solutions.
- Extensive experience (5 years +) developing algorithms with search technologies (e.g. Elaticsearch, Solr, Endeca, Lucidworks)
- Extensive (5 years +) coding skills in at least one modern language useful for search technologies (e.g. Java, Python, Ruby)
- Proficient with data structures, software design principles, and algorithms
- Solid understanding of both probability and statistics
- Strong analytical skills
- BS Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Applied Mathematics, Physics, or related technical discipline.
Nice to Have
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Applied Mathematics, Physics, or related technical discipline.
- Software development process expert in applicable methodologies (e.g., Agile, Test Driven Development).
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Pay Transparency- starting salary is $130,000.
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location accessible with a 100% company-covered EcoPass and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (with health and indulgent options for whatever craving hits you)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.