Senior Software Engineer - (Salesforce) at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
You will work on core versions of software applications for sale to external clients. Identifies client purchasing requirements and technical specifications through Product Management and/or client representatives. Interacts with engineering groups to assist in design changes to equipment and/or software. Trains and communicates with clients on systems application.
What you will be doing:
- Analyze, design, program, debug and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. (Code must be used in core version of applications available for sale commercially.)
- Participate in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Write code, complete programming and perform testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Train and communicate with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams on systems application.
- May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
What you bring:
- At least 4 years of experience in Salesforce.com web services (preferably both REST and SOAP) and other integration methods newly introduced in SFDC
- Salesforce Developer Certification Platform developer 1 & 2
- Experience developing customer-facing applications
- Experience in Salesforce community development
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Development using Standard Salesforce and Force.com platform (Lightning, Apex, Triggers, Workflow rules, VF pages)
- Experience with both Sales and Service Cloud
- Experience with object-oriented language (Java)
- Working knowledge of sites will be an advantage. Force.com Migration Tool, Web Services/SOA & Metadata APIs, SQL, RDBMS experience
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design-based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management and related infrastructure technologies and practices
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
What we offer you:
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology.
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities.
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.