Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
The Red Canary engineering team builds and operates the platform to deliver unmatched threat detection and response. We process billions of events per day from hundreds of thousands of systems worldwide. Every engineer is on the front lines of cybersecurity with unique opportunities to learn new technology and solve the hardest problems in cyber security.
Who You Are
You are passionate about applying your technical expertise to quickly ship an MVP based on requirements, and refine it through feedback from your customers. You’re comfortable diving into a large Rails applications that serve hundreds of customers. You understand and leverage proven software development patterns, and also recognize when patterns may require improvements or refactoring. We are searching for a Rails engineer to join us in building the Red Canary platform. We continuously push product enhancements to production so on day one you will be making security better for a large number of organizations. Our customers depend on us 24/7 and the software you build makes a meaningful difference to improve their security. In this role you may work from our Denver office or remote.
Please note, different companies have different philosophies on titles and levels. If your title is/was Staff or Principal, you may still be a good fit for this role.
What You'll Do
- Champion quality! Write well organized, testable and high performing code
- Address system and software bugs, develop product enhancements, and launch new features to scale within a Product Team construct
- Support products and applications that operate in a 24x7 production environment
- Write clear and concise documentation; share knowledge internally and across teams
- Help identify technical risk and mitigation plans
- Collaborate with Product Management and Design teams taking small to medium features from concept to shipping as the sole programmer
What You'll Bring
- Have 4+ years of experience shipping high-quality SaaS products and features
- Love to write code and take full ownership of a product or feature from concept to launch
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when shipping product, going the extra mile to delight our customers
- Are experienced with Ruby on Rails and other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
- Have experience with React, HAML, Redis, Postgres, AWS, Docker or some combination of similar tech
- Architect scalable applications that serves both internal and external users and high-volume background tasks
- Have confidence making architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Test the software you write to ensure we deliver the highest quality products
- Have deep knowledge of operating Postgres at scale, including replication, monitoring and optimization, preferred
- Have experience in any field in security such as security product development, malware handling or processing, security operations workflows, etc., preferred
Targeted base salary range: $135,000- $165,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.