Senior Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails
- Developing elegant and innovative features and capabilities for the Recurly platform that enable new payment methods and processors.
- Active participation in requirements and solution design sessions, working closely with stakeholders from across the entire organization.
- Helping to define technical impacts, recommend best-practice and/or alternate approaches and provide timeline estimates.
- Working to test, QA, analyze and address issues with products and features.
- Collaborating on and informing cross-functional teams of new feature technical design, technical requirements, limitations, and implementation.
- Positive participation in an agile software development methodology.
- Articulating development status to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Continually refining business acumen and establish domain / industry vertical expertise.
- Mentoring and coaching junior team members.
Required skills and experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Extensive professional experience with enterprise Ruby and Rails applications.
- Experience designing relational database schemas optimized for query efficiency and scalability.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with a drive and capacity to build, launch, and iterate under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project to completion, keeping delivery and timeline in focus.
- Positive, solution-oriented, ego-free mindset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Desired skills and experience
- 2+ years of experience building payments or finance systems.
- Experience with Golang.
- Experience with Java.
- Strong familiarity with how to host and scale a web framework (CDNs, reverse proxies, networking, etc.)