Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Robotics Software Engineer will report to the Director of Robotic Systems and support the development of proprietary software and hardware products that automate manual tasks performed in busy freight shipping environments utilizing robotic manipulation and associated technologies. This is a mission critical team working in a dynamic environment building a robotics system from the ground up for rapid commercial deployment. This individual will be responsible for a large portion of our system and will have a high degree of autonomy in their work.
This position requires exceptional algorithm creation, software development, and engineering skills related to perception-driven robotic manipulation. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for software development that redefines large enterprise supply chains through demonstrated safe, error-free, and effective operational performance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, build, test, and deploy software functionality for perception-driven robotic manipulation
- Develop algorithms, robotic software modules and libraries with responsibility for the full software engineering lifecycle: requirements, design, source code implementation, unit test, integration, and system test
- Support product deployment, system maintenance, and software-based as well as real-world simulations of commercial functionality
- Undertake business travel as necessary to support product development and customer deployments
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical/electronics engineering, and/or mechanical engineering
- Demonstrated proficiency with robotic perception, manipulation systems (Robotic arms), and/or manipulation motion planning
- 5+ years of C++ development experience – Post graduate professional experience
- Experience with ROS-based software development for robotic systems
- Working in a Linux environment and targeting embedded deployment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a team
- Sterling references
- Advanced degree (Master's/Ph.D.) in computer science, computer engineering, electrical/electronics engineering, and/or mechanical engineering
- Experience with robotics software engineering, autonomous vehicle systems, robotic perception, computer vision, and/or planning and controls
- Integration of libraries/frameworks such as, MoveIt, OpenCV, the Point Cloud Library (PCL), and/or similar packages
- Usage of software engineering support tools, such as CMake, continuous integration packages, the Google test framework and others
- Python experience – either professionally or via academic coursework
- Experience executing sensor selection, processing, and/or analysis to feed perception pipelines for robotic manipulation
- Prior use of Git for software version control
- Experience with sockets programming (TCP, UDP)
- Implementation of Graphical User Interface (GUI) toolkits to generate engineering interfaces, dashboards, and tools
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $160,000 - $200,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.