Senior Software Engineer - React at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine (https://www.hotelengine.com) is a high-growth, Denver-based tech company that is innovating the business travel industry with a free, private hotel booking management platform. With over 300,000 hotel properties globally, Hotel Engine offers up to 60% off publicly available hotel rates for small-to-medium businesses, large enterprises, and government travelers.
Serving industries like construction, transportation and logistics, healthcare, retail, and more, Hotel Engine has customized hotel reservation management solutions built for the control, transparency, billing, and support needs of organizations of any size and industry.
Hotel Engine (https://www.hotelengine.com) seeks a full-stack engineer with strong abstract problem-solving abilities to join our engineering team. You will work directly with the executive team and the employees using our software to help shape the future of our company. Our team is small but focused on shipping quality product and we want to add a self-starter who truly enjoys software development, product ownership, solving problems, and learning something new every day.
The ideal candidate loves front-end development, is very strong with JS and CSS, and has the ability to make long-term architectural decisions and identify refactoring needs within that space. The right candidate wants to be the go-to resource for their areas of responsibility and share what they know and learn with teammates.
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply if they can commit to being in Denver within four weeks after receiving an offer.
How We Work:
- We ship code daily to our CI, staging, and production environments. Build, deploy, and monitoring alerts are posted to Slack.
- We do two-week sprints with daily standups and biweekly grooming, planning, and retrospectives.
- We are good teammates who follow our working agreement. We’re looking for hard workers who don’t let their ego get in the way.
- We follow a part-time Work from Home schedule.
- We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments. Test results, deployments, and production monitoring alerts are posted to Slack.
- 5+ years of front-end web development.
- 2+ years production experience with React.
- A passion for giving users a polished, highly usable experience.
- Experience with high volume, publicly-facing production site.
- Experience with React Native.
- Experience with Angular.
- An eye for good UI/UX. You will be working with a dedicated designer, so you do not need a design background, but if that's within your skillset then all the better.
- Experience with native mobile development is a big plus.
- A desire to mentor mid-level team members.
- Production experience with Heroku and Amazon Web Services.
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- Free 'Employee Only' healthcare coverage
- 401k plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid holidays, sick time, and volunteer opportunities
- Discounted hotel rates
- Paid parental leave
- Craft brews and ciders on tap
- Company-sponsored social events and happy hours
- Free organic fruit, snacks, and beverages
- Relaxed office and dress code
- Free on-site parking and bicycle storage
- Unmatched views of the Rocky Mountains