Senior Software Engineer, Product Reliability at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $2.2B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Product Reliability Engineer to join the Engineering Support and Tools group, which is responsible for providing technical support to the Customer Support team and developing internal tools for improving engineering efficiency. In this role, you will be working with the customer support team in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues in a production environment. You will be working with the Product and Engineering team in conducting a Root Cause Analysis, bug triage, and bug fixes. You will be assisting in developing internal tools that will help improve engineering efficiency. If you are passionate about solving complex technical problems and want to apply innovative ideas in building tools and processes that will enable teams across Checkr to provide high-quality products and services, we want you!
What is a typical week look like at Checkr:
- Provide technical support by way of identifying, classifying, troubleshooting, resolving and escalating customer and partner-facing technical issues
- Manage the escalation process with Engineering team as necessary
- Build out and implement the monitoring and resources required to scale the technical support function
- Monitor user activity and logs to proactively identify and resolve technical problems
- Track trends in customer and partner issues to identify areas for quality improvement
- Leverage, create and update technical documentation to enable customers and other internal teams
- Partnering with engineering and product teams to build out self-service tools to reduce and streamline technical support instances over time
What we value in Product Reliability Engineer:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Technical Support Engineer or Software Engineer or related role
- Proficiency in Ruby or Python
- Experience with ORMs and datastores (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Hands-on experience working with AWS infrastructure
- Ability to diagnose and remediate basic technical issues
- Ability to run through code to debug issues
- You are a team player who can work with Customer support, product, and engineering in evaluating and prioritizing customer-facing issues
- You like troubleshooting issues and find a root cause of a problem
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- Worked at a startup
- Experience with modern web frameworks (Rails, React, Angular, etc.)
- Academic background in computer science or equivalent (BS or MS)
What You Get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $129,200-$152,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.