Senior Software Engineer - Product Backend at Iterable
Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute, and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility. We are an integrated, cross-channel solution—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised a $60M Series D from top-tier investors like Index Ventures and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years and we have also made Best Places to Work - Denver for 2020. In addition, Wealthfront listed us on their 2020 Career Launching Companies List and we’ve earned ourselves a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100. We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, plus our first international office in London. Our values are Trust, Growth Mindset, Humility, and Balance, and you can learn more about how we live our values as we scale on Our Culture page or more about our history on our About Us page.
Product Engineering at Iterable is responsible for the core platform used by our growing customer base. Making this platform easy to use and attractive for non-technical users is extremely important. Our Engineering team works closely with Product and Design to bring next-generation marketing solutions to our massively-scalable platform. We believe in building an Engineering culture guided by our company values which you can learn more about here.
One of our core values is Growth Mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can continuously learn. If this is an idea that excites you, please do apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
How you will make an impact:
- Own the back-end of the product with a huge amount of autonomy
- Design and build key products and solutions for a platform that reaches millions of users
- Participate in code reviews and ship code on a daily basis
- Collaborate with a small and nimble team of engineers
- Identify areas of improvement and champion solutions within Product Engineering
- Mentor and guide team members
We are looking for people who have:
- Previous experience with server-side MVC web frameworks
- Relevant industry experience
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (ideally Scala and/or Java)
- A desire to be part of a values-driven Engineering team
- Passion for learning -- always improving yourself and the team around you
Our Technology Stack:
- Programming Language: Scala
- Databases: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redis
- Infrastructure: RabbitMQ, Pulsar, AWS
- Other Relevant Technologies: Docker / Kubernetes, React
- Experience with Elasticsearch and other relevant technologies
- Experience with large scale performance testing
- Experience with functional programming and the JVM
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Pension plan
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Last Update: 7/23/2020