Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to create, optimize and measure every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to execute where it matters most—creating experiences and cultivating connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power world-class customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado’s Best Paying Companies. We’ve also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, and London. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, explore our Culture and About Us page.
The mission of the Platform Services Group at Iterable is ensure a highly scalable core platform to support our global enterprise customer base, which is doubling every year. On a daily basis, Iterable ingests billions of user profiles and events. Our workflows & messaging services then trigger billions of emails, mobile push & SMS every month.
The group is responsible for the scalability of these core services:
- Data Ingestion (100K+ events/second)
- Messaging (billions of emails, mobile push, SMS sent per month)
- Workflows (billions of user flows per month)
- Data Services (ElasticSearch, Redis, Postgres)
The Platform Services team architects, builds, and is responsible for the core ingestion, messaging, workflow processing, and data services. As a Senior level member of the team, you will research and build new data streaming and storage technologies to support business use cases, system stability, and improve the customer experience. You will evangelize data infrastructure technologies by developing in-house expertise and best practices around these technologies, and providing ongoing support to product engineering teams. You will build and operate systems to ingest and serve data at scale in a 24/7 high-uptime production environment. Here’s more information about our Engineering culture, values, and interviewing process.
Examples of recent and current work includes:
- Rolling out a company-wide queuing solution built on Apache Pulsar
- Developing a new data ingestion pipeline using Akka Streams, Kafka, and Elasticsearch
- Contributing to open source projects, including Apache Pulsar and Play Framework
- Building a storage and query system for customer catalog data
- Supporting multiple Elasticsearch clusters storing 120TB+ of customer data, ingesting 600GB+ per day
- Speaking at conferences and meetups, including the local Scala and Elasticsearch meetups and Scale by the Bay
We believe in a strong, friendly engineering culture. You'll get to work on what you like and one of our explicit goals as a team is to build a uniquely fun and growth-oriented culture.
One of our core values is growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please do apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be/Have:
- Experience or strong interest in databases and data storage, NoSQL, key-value stores, messaging, and distributed systems
- Experience writing and running production code
- Knowledge of Scala or an eagerness to learn
- Experience in engineering and running distributed systems
- Experience with Unix-based systems
- Experience with the Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- Passion for learning and mentoring others. A team player.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Last Update: 1/14/2021