Senior Software Engineer - .NET at Granicus LLC
Are you looking for meaning and purpose in the work you do?
Granicus is a global (remote first) software as a service company building products for the public sector. We digitize government services for all levels of government: city, county, state and federal. We also work with the UK, Canada, Australia and EU.
Examples of our work:
- City of Oakland, California has used Granicus solutions to enhance its transparency and citizen engagement efforts.
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the City of Hurst, Texas was inundated with calls and emails about how to provide donations, dollars or a helping hand, which consumed valuable staff time. They needed a "central source of truth" and an easier way to get vital information to residents before, during and after the hurricane.
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) needed an efficient way to improve and increase foster parent recruitment in the state with a 400% over goal result.
Click => Success Stories to learn more about the impactful work we've done in communities across the country and world.
Some quick highlights about us:
- #1 GovTech company
- 22B messages sent annually (22B is not a typo)
- 280M subscribers
- 900+ global employees (300+ on the product team)
- Remote first company, this is not temporary. Should you be seeking an in person or hybrid situation and live near one of our hubs we can accommodate you.
Click => Careers to learn more about working at Granicus.
NOTE: Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
About this role:
- Hiring Manager: Yuliang Ding - Director of Software Engineering - LinkedIn Profile
- Salary Range: $110,000+ plus bonus (starting salary may differ by experience and/or location)
- Interview process: 5-6 steps that can be done in 2 weeks (calendars permitting)
The following is a profile or persona of who we are looking for. If you have many of the characteristics below, and we want to learn more about all your skills, please apply so we can start a conversation.
The Senior Software Engineer role at Granicus is for developers who lead the development team by example. They regularly take on the most difficult technical tasks and consistently make significant contributions to all areas of the Granicus product suite. In addition to those contributions, the Senior Software Engineer is a key contributor when new features are being groomed and planned by their team. Their application knowledge is indispensable in this area.
Senior Software Engineers not only have deep expertise in multiple different applications, but they also understand and directly contribute to the management of Granicus's technical infrastructure.
Finally, the Senior Software Engineer is a go-to technical resource for anyone in the broader Granicus technology organization. They fully understand the deployment and support of applications in all environments and are an excellent mentor to groups and individuals within and outside of the development team.
What you Get To Do
- Collaborate with product management and business stakeholders to deliver SaaS based solutions
- Perform all the Essential Functions of the Granicus Software Engineer
- Be a core maintainer of multiple applications within the Granicus product suite
- Develop and maintain highly complex features for multiple applications within the Granicus product suite
- Champion the development team's core values
- 5+ years of experience developing, testing, shipping, and supporting production-quality SaaS based web applications
- Expert-level knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, Java Script, and at least one related web framework, i.e., jQuery, Angular, or others.
- Expert-level knowledge of .NET and at least one related framework, i.e., ASP.NET WebForm/MVC, .NET Core, or others.
- Expert-level experience with relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL); Strong experience of .NET ORM Frameworks, i.e., Entity Framework.
- Strong experience developing unit tests, integration tests, E2E tests, load/stress
- Experience with Azure or AWS
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with mentoring junior team members
- Commitment to quality and the craft of software development
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for learning new things and the ability to do so quickly
- Ability to serve as a technical leader of an open, collaborative, and extraordinarily skilled software development team
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.