Senior Software Engineer - Mobile
Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
Senior Software Engineer
- Application design, development, automated testing, performance analysis and deployment efforts for mobile applications at DHI.
- Perform code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code.
- Collaborate with team to develop consistent and clear applications.
- Works with product owners and designers to understand and implement the mobile application vision.
- Help set the engineering direction of the product.
- Communicate project status to team members and external stakeholders.
- Develop and own high-performance APIs, libraries and UI frameworks that support a highly-available, public-facing web application.
- Mentor and coach engineering team to improve process and technical capability.
What are we requiring for this role?
Required Knowledge, Skills and/or Attributes
- Expertise building apps that communicate with RESTful services
- In depth knowledge of Swift, Objective-C, Java and/or Kotlin
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Development principles
- Demonstrable portfolio of published applications
- Working understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Strong leadership, communication, problem-solving, organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Passion for using technology to innovate
- Ability to deliver innovative value, increasing capabilities and mentor true software craftsmanship
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- X years of experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing and deploying application systems in a business environment
- 8+ years of experience developing with iOS or Android
- Experience working with Cocoapods or other package management tools
- Experience with Git (Bitbucket a plus)
- Demonstrable open-source work and contributions