Senior Software Engineer-MM
Come be a part of the team transforming music technology!
Join our open and collaborative environment as a Senior Software Engineer using lean agile software development processes and methodologies. MakeMusic is an industry leader in interactive music learning, notation software, and virtual instrument technology. Our engineers share a passion for development, learning, self-improvement and technology.
- Drive technology and solutions that tackle hard customer-facing and internal operational problems.
- Help architect and implement performant micro-services that scale.
- Build in automation and operations, starting with CI/CD to production monitoring and usage.
- Own the software the team develops end-to-end, from inception to the customer in production.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and patterns for building scalable services in a small self-directed cross functional team.
- Contribute and drive improvements in technology and process to help your team ship software.
- Develop with and promote best practices.
- Collaborate with technical leaders and business stakeholders to effectively develop an ongoing technology strategy and execute on that strategy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Self-motivated with a strong passion to learn and grow your craft in software engineering
- Bachelor's degree in CS or Engineering OR comparable work experience AND coursework/education
- 5+ years of experience shipping modern web applications and APIs to scale
- Experience shipping software to production in multiple languages, utilizing varied toolsets
- Experience using CI/CD principles and solutions including testing
- Experience and deep understanding of OO and SOLID principles, refactoring, design patterns
- Experience mentoring developers with various experience levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with the following technologies: C#, .NET Core, ASP.NET
- Experience with single page application frameworks
- Experience with Python and Pytest
- Experience with AWS and AWS services
- Experience building production systems on top of container orchestration solutions
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires. Increases in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust with option of working remotely 1-2 days/weeks
MakeMusic joined companies TrainingPeaks and TrainHeroic under umbrella company Peaksware located in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Peaksware has been recognized as one of Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work" six years in a row. Through a unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions and provides services focused solely on their respective markets to help guide people along their own journey of improvement and skill development.