Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The mission planning team is responsible for designing and implementing a system that will plan, schedule, and adapt the movements of multiple robots solving customer needs in an optimal way. The environment is not exclusive to autonomous vehicles and is working 24/7/365.
We are searching for an accomplished software engineer to lead our effort improving the kinematic awareness during mission planning generating optimal trajectories for movement. You are also expected to contribute to all other aspects of mission planning such as resolving conflicts and continuously improving task assignment based on feedback from each robot.
You are also expected to contribute to improving the full software engineering lifecycle: requirements, design, implementation, test, integration, and ongoing release management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Improve Outrider's approach to mission planning using trajectory generation, kinematic awareness during planning and resolving conflicts as they happen.
- Lead the work on kinematic aware mission planning, trajectory generation and real time conflict resolution.
- Influence the full software engineering lifecycle: requirements, design, implementation, test, integration, and ongoing release management
- Master’s degree in computer science, robotics, and/or electrical/electronics/mechanical engineering
- 3+ years of direct experience in multi-agent systems and autonomous, multi-robot coordination/communication
- Rich experience with multi-agent-based dynamic task allocation, and/or path planning
- 5+ years of in-depth experience with object-oriented design and C++
- Strong algorithm development/ optimization/ implementation/ performance tuning skills
- Expertise with software for ground robotic systemsExcellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skillsDemonstrated strong technical leadership and people skills
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS) or other robotics messaging platform
- Experience with semantic mapping formats for robotic or autonomous driving navigation
- Experience with continuous space trajectory generation for autonomous driving applications
- Experience with cloud or IOT frameworks for robotics applications
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range of $180,000 - $220,000. For benefits, check this out!