Senior Software Engineer - Jobs Team at DHI Group, Inc.
Who are we?
We’re Dice and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need—which we do by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates and insights within the communities we serve. And we’re looking for talent like you to join us in our mission to Connect Futures Now.
Why join us?
We're a team of passionate achievers partnering for the success of our customers and colleagues.
We're transforming the markets we serve by celebrating flexibility, ingenuity and inclusivity in all we do.
We're engaged in challenging, meaningful work to enhance the livelihood of those using our services.
We're coalescing in open, collaborative and dynamic environment where everyone's voice matters.
And so as you grow your career with us, we all thrive.
Why this role?
As Senior Software Engineer - Jobs Team you'll design and develop internal and external web services and integrate with clients and other web services on our Jobs Team. You will be part of an Agile team culture with people who enjoy shared goals and releasing new product features often. If you like to learn, you will like it here. You will work in all phases of the project life-cycle. You will be part of a high caliber team consisting of tech, product, and DevOps working in short iterations, building production-ready software.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, and implementing web-based Rest APIs and applications to support business requirements
- Following approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing
- Developing unit and integration tests to test your code and integrating with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Generating stoplight and other API documentation
- Collaborating with Architecture and other team members on the design of projects
- Following API and web development standards across the technology organization
- Working in a fast paced, agile environment, collaborating with peers from around the world
- Evangelizing good software engineering, always be learning.
For this role, we're requiring:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- The ability to work in a team atmosphere
- 5+ years' experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing, and deploying application systems in a business environment
- Experience developing within an Agile environment
- Commercial RESTful API design and implementation experience
- Experience working in AWS and/or utilizing AWS services
- Experience working with partners and 3rd parties in integrating with their API's
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Requires experience with the following technologies:
- Databases: Postgres, DynamoDB
- O/S: Linux
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools: Jenkins, Code Pipeline/Deploy, Cloud Formation, Terraform or others
- Experience with Google Analytics and SEO concepts and validation a plus
- Experience with AWS environment utilizing API Gateway, Appsync/Graphql, Lambda Functions, SQS, SNS, Redshift, Firehose, S3, DynamoDB, EC2 and more is helpful.
Base salary/pay of $100,000 – $195,000 per year, plus 10% annual bonus at 100% of plan targets tied to company and individual performance. Offer will depend on location and level of job-related knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Healthy living - medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, disability, life, wellness & fitness programs
Future living - 401(k) match, performance bonuses, education assistance, learning & development
Enjoy living - generous paid time off, parental leave, flexible summer hours, social & giving events
How to apply?
You can apply below. You'll just need to provide your resume and answer a few questions—it'll only take you a few minutes!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.