Senior Software Engineer - Job Search at DHI Group, Inc.
Who are we?
We’re Dice and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need—which we do by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates and insights within the communities we serve. And we’re looking for talent like you to join us in our mission to Connect Futures Now.
Why join us?
We're a team of passionate achievers partnering for the success of our customers and colleagues.
We're transforming the markets we serve by celebrating flexibility, ingenuity and inclusivity in all we do.
We're engaged in challenging, meaningful work to enhance the livelihood of those using our services.
We're coalescing in open, collaborative and dynamic environment where everyone's voice matters.
And so as you grow your career with us, we all thrive.
Why this role?
As Senior Software Engineer - Job Search you'll use the latest technologies to help candidates find their dream job. This includes user experiences, backend APIs, and search engine. You will work on developing highly scalable APIs, web applications, and event-driven systems that serve millions of users worldwide. We embrace Domain Driven Design which means each team has end-to-end control and ownership of their systems - from requirements all the way to production. Our architecture is based on event driven microservices deployed on AWS and we lean toward serverless architectures.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Leading application design, development, testing, and deployment efforts of your team
- Performing code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code
- Helping set the engineering direction of the product
- Developing and owning high-performance APIs, libraries, and UI frameworks that support a highly available, public-facing web application
- Working with Product Management to understand and solve business issues
- Mentoring and coaching engineering team to improve process and technical capability
For this role, we're requiring:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Passion and aptitude for learning and applying new technologies
- The ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work with limited supervision within a globally-distributed team
- 5+ years of experience with designing, coding, building, testing and deploying application systems in a business environment.
- Experience in at least two of the following:
- Strong proficiency in either C# or Python and some experience with the other
- Strong proficiency using AWS services in production, especially Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, CodePipeline
- Experience with event-driven microservice architectures and domain-driven design
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience building large scale RESTful Web API's
- Experience with Elasticsearch or another search technology
- Experience with serverless architectures and the AWS Serverless Application Model
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL Databases (Postgres and Dynamo preferred)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Test Automation, and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with or interest in learning front-end web development (Angular, Stencil)
Base salary/pay of $100,000 – $195,000 per year, plus 10% annual bonus at 100% of plan targets tied to company and individual performance. Offer will depend on location and level of job-related knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Healthy living - medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, disability, life, wellness & fitness programs
Future living - 401(k) match, performance bonuses, education assistance, learning & development
Enjoy living - generous paid time off, parental leave, flexible summer hours, social & giving events
How to apply?
You can apply below. You'll just need to provide your resume and answer a few questions—it'll only take you a few minutes!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.