Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Television is not what it used to be. Technologies, businesses and viewing habits are changing fast and reshaping the TV landscape. We are the makers of Sling TV, the industry-leading OTT (over-the-top) video streaming service that delivers live U.S. and international programming, as well as video on demand. We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our American Fork, Utah - based team. This is an exciting position in a fast-moving project. What we’re building is revolutionary and every employee participates in a profit sharing program. Come be a part of changing the face of TV!
- Collaborate with team members for problem solving, bug fixes, new feature implementations, work planning and code demonstrations.
- Assist with team-wide validation of functional correctness, architectural compliance, and adherence to applicable industry standards.
- Collaborate with other teams to coordinate changes to shared interfaces.
- Collaborate with team and leaders to develop optimal technical solutions that the balance capabilities of third-party vendors, business requirements, and the team’s internal goals for technical excellence.
- Adhere to team standards for writing and documenting code.
- Learn and follow SAFe and Agile principles and processes.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- A four-year degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional software engineering experience
- Firm understanding of Object Oriented principles, design patterns, and software design/architecture best practices.
- Commitment to principles of code excellence: unit testing, automated testing, peer code-reviews, and continuous integration.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to collaboratively work through technical issues in a professional manner, making design considerations and trade-offs as needed.
- Thrive in and contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Experience in a SAFE Agile processes.
- Experience developing software for embedded consumer electronic devices, or interfacing with third-party APIs and SDKs
- Working knowledge of relevant industry technologies and standards: HTTP/HTTPS, HLS, DASH, Node JS , Gulp and source control.
- Working Experience with Node.js and Typescript
- Moderate experience with at least one scripting language, such as Python.