We are building software products to enable businesses to be more economically and environmentally sustainable by digitally transforming the supply chain. As a software engineer at VORTO you will help us define the frontier of logistics optimization, supply prediction, and demand prediction. Our customers love our product.
About the Role
Every member of the VORTO team is focused on innovating on behalf of our customers. This position is highly entrepreneurial in nature, hence it requires candidates who can develop a full picture of the business problem to build a solution.
You will work with a small, dedicated, and passionate team of engineers who are driven to revolutionize the supply chain. Your code will be used to manage the flow of thousands of drivers and trucks per day. Specifically, you will:
- Entrepreneurially take ownership of features from inception to production in order to further our mission
- Design, build and maintain iOS features and applications
- Debug production issues across applications, services and multiple levels of the stack
- Follow best practices to write high-quality, secure, maintainable, scalable, testable, and performant code
- Have at least 3 years of hands-on experience developing, implementing, and maintaining production iOS applications
- Enjoy building and maintaining dependable iOS applications that our target users are entirely dependent on during their typical 12hr work day
- Desire to understand the business context for the solutions you are building
- Put yourself in the shoes of your users to understand their needs to build great user experiences – from design to implementation
- Hold yourself and others to a higher standard when working with production systems
- Experience with iOS frameworks
- Familiarity with iOS persistent storages (i.e. Realm)
- Experience with HTTP networking and using RESTful APIs
- Experience with Unit Testing
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with Golang and Google Cloud Platform
- Have a passion for design
- Familiarity with CI/CD
Examples of projects you might work on:
- Developing and improving an automated ordering and dispatching system to automatically manage inventory across multiple nodes
- Designing and building interfaces that quickly and efficiently communicate the status of complicated logistics challenges for new and experienced users.
- Contributing to a production-grade machine learning pipeline to solve problems with payload logistics – e.g. routing, optimal driver selection, demand forecasting, etc.
At VORTO we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with matching
- Company paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company paid parking or transit pass
- Relocation offered when applicable
- Modern office space in downtown Denver with daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- Team happy hours
VORTO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.