Parsyl is an insurance technology company that delivers data-driven cargo insurance solutions for essential supply chains including vaccines and medicines, perishable foods and other sensitive goods. Our mission is to end the days of “ship and pray” and build a world where everyone, everywhere can trust the quality of the goods they rely on, from the foods they eat to the medicines they need.
We are working to achieve this by combining smart sensors, data insights, and data-driven insurance to improve risk resiliency and safeguard goods in transit and storage. This unique combination of IoT and insurance means our customers can use data to make supply chains more transparent, safe and sustainable - better for people and the planet.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, Parsyl led the formation of the Global Health Risk Facility, the world’s dedicated insurance solution for distributing Covid-19 vaccines and other essential health products around the globe.
Where you fit in:
Our Android app is used across the world in a diversity of settings from perishables goods warehouses in the US to vaccine supply chains in emerging markets in Africa and Asia. It’s a critical link that allows customers to view data and insights in the field and transfer that data back to the Parsyl platform. As a member of a small mobile app team, you will work with the product, design, and engineering teams to lay the foundations of our iOS app and bring it to feature parity with our Android app.
You are a good fit for this position if you are able to envision an iOS app architecture for the use cases above, execute on it, and collaborate extensively with members of the product, design, and engineering teams while doing so.
Technologies used in this role:
- iOS development toolchain (Swift, Xcode)
- Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile
- Testing, CI/CD, and internal distribution tools
- App Store Connect
What you’ll get to work on:
- Architect an iOS app that’s capable of operating with low/no Internet connectivity
- Interact with proprietary smart sensors using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Lay modern UI foundations with the latest and greatest tools and frameworks
- Develop and maintain a high-quality test suite, including unit and UI tests
- Develop a CI/CD pipeline to enable rapid iteration
- Collaborate with Android engineers to develop a common set of Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile (KMM) code that integrates seamlessly with Swift to share functionality across the mobile apps
- Collaborate with product, design, and the Android teams to prioritize work
- Participate early and often in design and product discussions to help shape the future of the mobile apps
- 5+ years of professional, continuous, and recent iOS development experience
- Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy in iOS apps
- Comprehensive understanding of evolving iOS best practices
- Experience with or understanding of various app architectures and their pros/cons
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with Agile values
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus if you also have:
- Experience with Android or Kotlin
Qualities we look for:
- Mission -- You are highly motivated and inspired by our mission to improve health and save money for people across the globe.
- Grit -- You bring determination and a strong will to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at an early-stage startup.
- High Standards -- You take pride in your work and are highly accountable.
- Curiosity -- You are energized by finding creative solutions to new situations.
- Self-Starter -- You are ambitious and take initiative, and thrive in environments with minimal supervision.
- Humility -- You approach your work with humility and a willingness to collaborate and learn from those around you in order to produce the best outcome.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Market competitive salary with a base compensation range of $120,000 - $145,000, depending on experience and location
- Early-stage stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness and commuter benefit
- Significant career growth opportunities
- Continuing education stipend
- Unlimited vacation
- Relocation assistance available (Denver, CO candidates strongly preferred, but remote candidates or candidates willing to relocate will be considered)