Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 100,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
About the team
The Integrations team at Nylas is responsible for creating a secure unified authentication system and platform to connect hundreds of additional providers to existing Nylas features and other products. This opens Nylas up to more communication channels and that helps us Nylas Platform integrate with the machine learning and workflow automation systems.
About the role
This role will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying various components of the Integrations platform. A unified secure authentication system is at the heart of the Nylas platform currently processing over 4B+ requests per month and rapidly scaling. The role also involves working with partner teams and help them onboard on the platform. As an Integrations team member, you will also get to work closely with new scalable technologies and other systems of software.
Our team is located in the Eastern US and Europe, we ask that team members outside of this area keep working hours in alignment with the Eastern US Time Zone. You must be within the United States.
- Architecting, designing, and developing reliable stateless idempotent software
- Creating APIs for the platform and designing a data model for the API
- Managing the reliability and scalability of the API and the platform
- Maintaining the infrastructure of the platform
- Using latest technologies like Kubernetes, GKE, EKS, etc.
- Working on multiple databases like Redis, GCP Spanner, ElasticSearch, AWS Aurora, Cassandra, MySQL, etc.
- Developing using Golang and sometimes C/C++, Rust, Java, Python, Node.js
- Strong foundations in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- At least 4+ years of experience in developing and deploying to production systems
- Experience with at least one ofGolang, C/C++, Rust, Java, Python/Node.js
- Ability and confidence to pick up any technical concept to get the job done
- Comfortable in the dark and exploring ideas never done before
- A strong belief that product and design decisions are inextricably linked
- A power user of the tools of your trade or building your own tools
- Never stop learning
- Communicate design decisions openly and confidently, regardless of the audience—engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, etc.
- Not afraid to change your opinion in the face of new information or understanding of the product goals—you have strong beliefs, but you’re open-minded
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your family
- One Medical onsite and telehealth membership for you and dependents
- Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
- Retirement Plan: match up to 1% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
- Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
- Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
- Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
- Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description