Senior Software Engineer - Integrations at CirrusMD Inc.
CirrusMD is a text-first enterprise solution that connects people with no-barriers access to a live doctor, real-time, who can always help. CirrusMD was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in Denver, CO. We are partnered with major national payers, employers and healthcare systems to deliver extraordinary virtual care to millions of lives across the nation. If you are looking to make a lasting impact where your voice matters, consider joining our team.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced Integrations Engineer to join our team to contribute to our mission of redefining the healthcare experience for patients and providers. As a software engineer at CirrusMD, you’ll be responsible for delivering high value products and end-user experiences while improving yourself and those around you each day. You will have the opportunity to impact millions of lives by advancing our platform enabling barrier-free access to healthcare.
This position can sit remote anywhere in the U.S., with the flexibility to work from our Denver HQ as you’d like. Please note that no matter where you are located, all employees should be available during our core working hours from 9 am to 4 pm MDT Monday through Friday. The salary range for this role is $120,000-150,000/year. Actual pay may vary based on job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, and experience. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
What You’ll Accomplish:
- Building APIs and services for internal and external stakeholders
- Managing both process and architecture for custom data import / export interfaces
- Advancing and supporting our existing ETL and Eligibility processing systems
- Creating robust documentation for our interoperability and data transform capabilities
- Significant experience building APIs and services for public consumption
- Familiarity with common data engineering tools and cloud services
- Advanced SQL and database tuning experience
- Extensive knowledge of testing best practices at all layers
- Confidence pairing with other engineers of all levels
- A reputation for superb communication skills with non engineering audience
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with secure SDLC principles and hardening enterprise APIs
- Expertise with Mirth Connect or other healthcare middleware
- e.g. development and deployment of channels, transforms, filters, scripts, and pre/post processors
- An affinity to parse and understand healthcare standards (HL7, FHIR) and EDI formats (270/271/837/834)
- Experience with message queues, event-driven or streaming architectures
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Airflow, Snowflake or dbt
- Experience rolling out Swagger or a developer portal
Who We Are:
Based in Denver, CirrusMD is the nation's leading virtual care platform that delivers a chat first, multi-modal, data driven experience to enable providers, payers and employers the ability to offer high touch, personalized healthcare to their members or employees. Founded in 2012, CirrusMD helps our customers create happier, healthier, and more engaged patients by giving them access to on-demand virtual care solutions that they love to engage with. Our chat-powered care delivery platform connects patients to a dedicated, board-certified physician in under 60 seconds from any web-enabled device, with no cost and no time limits attached. CirrusMD enables a stress-free, human care conversation that doesn’t end until members get the answers (and peace of mind) they need to manage their wellness.
Why Work at CirrusMD?
CirrusMD is quickly transitioning from a startup to a highly recognized healthcare industry disruptor. If you are looking to make a lasting impact where your voice matters, consider joining our team and help us deliver care without barriers. We offer an exceptional benefits package including health, dental and vision, 401k with match, flexible vacation and remote work policies, competitive salaries, stock options and more.
CirrusMD is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees, users, and customers. We strive to deliver products and services that work for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin. We are particularly focused on ensuring women and BIPOC are equally represented across all positions, including management. Our focus is on advancing, cultivating, preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion as it directly aligns with our mission to provide access to affordable and personalized health care for everyone.
Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit résumés to any person or email address at CirrusMD prior to having a signed agreement with Human Resources. CirrusMD is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Also, any résumés sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to CirrusMD and may be forwarded to our Talent Acquisition team.