Senior Software Engineer II at VIZIO
About The Team:
VIZIO is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to deliver the latest SmartCast TV Technology. We are skilled engineers who care about the people they work with, the work they create, and the teams they nurture. At VIZIO we’re built around supporting each other in a relaxed, collaborative environment. We’re focused on learning, doing something new and valuable, and encouraging our team to do the same. With flexible work hours, a collaborative open-door environment, and teams who support each other in and out of the office, our work experience becomes meaningful. (And we don’t focus on hierarchy; instead, we work together to create the roles we’re most excited about). Now we need a brilliant Senior Software Engineer to join us and own the development of our features through the full-release lifecycle.
What You Will Do:
- Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions
- Designs and implements software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with the company’s coding standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for testing code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance.
- Manages programming tasks and ensures they are worked on in priority order as determined by their manager.
- Keeps track of bugs in the code, and provides fixes in a timely manner.
- Participates in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
- Puts comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
- Recommends changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
- Stays up-to-date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years of development experience, at least 2 years in a commercial environment for a consumer-facing product.
- Proficient with .NET and C#.
- Experience building solutions using AWS or equivalent technologies
- Experience with scalable distributed systems
- Experience with containers and orchestration
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of software algorithms and the ability to determine the runtime complexity of algorithms.
- Experience working with RDBMS
- Experience working with MongoDB or other NoSQL technologies
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts.
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug, and performance tune software code.
- Excellent communications skills; must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to adapt to the level and nature of their audience.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $124,758/year. The compensation package includes quarterly bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits.