LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company, empowers more than 4,000 customers across the globe to measurably mature their security operations program. LogRhythm’s award-winning NextGen SIEM Platform delivers comprehensive security analytics; user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA); network detection and response (NDR); and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) within a single, integrated platform for rapid detection, response, and neutralization of threats. Built by security professionals for security professionals, LogRhythm enables security professionals at leading organizations like NASA, XcelEnergy, and Temple University to promote visibility for their cybersecurity program and reduce risk to their organization each and every day. LogRhythm is the only provider to earn the Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for SIEM designation three years in a row.
Who we are looking for
LogRhythm is seeking a qualified Senior Software Engineer I with the requisite experience and passion for designing, implementing and delivering products to support our customers need for advanced cyber threat detection and mitigation. As a Senior Software Engineer I, you will work with a team of talented software engineers to design and develope product features and to help insure that LogRhythm’s products are designed and implemented with best-in-class security and that they support various compliance regimes. You will work closely with our development, cloud engineering, SRE, and security teams. You will provide technical leadership and work in an agile organization which uses SAFe (Scaled Agile FW).
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of SaaS microservices and associated architecture
- Ensure designs meet technical, functional, security, and compliance requirements
- Work closely with a Product Owner and Development Manager to plan out work
- Mentor other team members in growing their skills/careers
- Help steer and evangelize solutions, best practices and new ideas across multiple teams in the organization
- Participate in code reviews across multiple teams, with a special emphasis on security and compliance
- Conduct tech talks or other brown bags across the organization
- Participate and provide input into hiring and candidate selection
- Collaborate with Architects to improve designs and architecture
- Perform software security testing and various static and dynamic security scans
- Review designs, code, infrastructure, and software supply chain for security and compliance-related defects, design and implement security-focused features, and suggest changes to existing products to improve security and compliance
- Remediate security and compliance-related defects and weaknesses
- Participate in Secure Software Development Lifecycle design, maintenance, and governance
- Research and train in all aspects of a secure software development lifecycle, from requirements to design to implementation.
- 10+ years of experience developing back-end services in Java
- Expertise in microservice design and implementation including API design and implementation
- True team player who can work effectively with teams across the entire organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with standard development and CI/CD tooling (e.g. Git, Jira/Rally, Jenkins, etc.)
- Ability to create and consider multiple approaches and distill into one recommended well thought out technical strategy including logic/reasoning.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similarly relevant engineering or computational discipline
- Experience developing in a cloud environment (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Solid knowledge of Linux and desire to understand OS security hardening and best practices
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization techniques, including MFA and SSO
- Experience working with compliance regimes such as SOC 2, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Full stack development experience preferred
Salary and Other Compensation:
- The annual starting salary for this position is between $140,000 - $147,000 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
LogRhythm offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements;
- 401k plan
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employees are eligible to receive incentive units
- Created:/ Revised Date: - 30th March 2021
- Reporting to: - Enterprise Software Architect
- Location: - Boulder, Colorado or the Denver Technical Center (will consider US remote working)
- Employment Status: - Full Time
- FLSA/ Applicable State Law Status- Except
Workplace equality & inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and integral to our company culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these key areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.